Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
11/07/2017 at 12:30 pm #440392
Perhaps the file is corrupt or something, have you inspected it?11/07/2017 at 1:28 pm #440404
The file opens properly in Excel and as a .txt file in TextEdit. It passed the debug test.
I tried copying the data from one csv to another and that didn’t work either.
It’s like the data itself is incompatible.11/07/2017 at 2:37 pm #440416
Can you please drop an original copy of the file on your FTP site in the wp-content folder?11/07/2017 at 3:25 pm #440432
Yes. It should be there now.11/07/2017 at 5:34 pm #440448
I found the issue and corrected it. The irony is that the file was failing one of my own security checks. For some reason the file type was being determined by PHP to be text/html. Since I only permit CSV files the check would fail. I think it is detected as HTML due to the HTML within the file itself. PHP seems to have guessed and guessed incorrectly. The only fix was to allow text/html files. I made the tweak so it should work fine now.
Let me know.11/08/2017 at 9:30 am #440486
Yes! It seems to be working now.
Thanks so much!11/08/2017 at 9:54 am #440490
Great to hear! I’ll be releasing an update today which includes this tweak. Apologies for the trouble!11/08/2017 at 10:43 am #440534
Is there any typical time range for how long the import should take? I let the last one sit for 30 minutes before giving up and starting over.
Just want to make sure patience is the only issue.11/08/2017 at 12:05 pm #440545
500 entries should take only a minute or so. Could it could take a bit longer since the images are being grabbed remotely. I would say 30 minutes is way too long. I’ll take another look.11/08/2017 at 12:47 pm #440546
Looks like it was running against a “hard” limit on WPE. I added a code snippet via the Code Snippets plugin I just installed. This limits the number of entries imported from 100 to 10 per batch. The entire file seems to have imported successfully. I’ve added additional checking for WPE which should make this tweak automatically (per WPE docs) in the 1.4.7 update. I’ll be releasing 1.4.6 today, so 1.4.7 will come at a later date. It must have been a changes they’ve made to their setup as this was not an issue before.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.