Face Detect is a feature focused extension for Connections applies a face detection algorithm to image to help prevent faces from being cropped off the image.
- Face detection by Karthik Tharavaad
- Face detection is processed via an async task so your pages continue to load quickly while the face detection works in the background.
- All image face detection meta data is cached for later use so each image only needs processed once.
This extension absolutely requires PHP >= 5.3.
- The first time an image in Connections is accessed, it will be processed in the background and until the image is finished processing, the image will be scaled and cropped from the center origin which is the default behavior.
- The face detection library can only detect a single face. So I suggest this extension only be used for people directories.
- The images should be clean and bright with the person facing as straight as possible for the best results.
- This very well could slow down your server for a period of time if there are a large number of images in the process queue.
Requires PHP: 5.6.20
- NEW: Add
- NEW: Add support for GIFs and PNGs.
- TWEAK: Remove use of create function.
- BUG: Ensure
$this->canvasis not NULL before processing else throw exception.
- OTHER: Add screenshot to readme.txt.
- OTHER: Add photo credit to readme.txt.
- OTHER: Correct misspellings.
- OTHER: Update copyright year.
- OTHER: Update PHP requires to 5.6.20.
- OTHER: Update URLs from
- OTHER: Update requires and tested to WordPress version in readme.txt.
- DEV: Update .gitignore to exclude phpStorm.
- DEV: phpDoc update.
- DEV: Line separators.
- Initial release.