Form adds a plug and play form to your Connections powered directory which allows your visitors to submit their details to be listed in your directory. All submissions go into an easy to use moderation queue and you’re notified by email of each submission so you’re never left wondering if there are submissions waiting for your approval.
- Seamless integration with the Link extension.
- Plug and play with minimal configuration.
- Beautifully styled using the latest web design standards.
- The design uses a nice neutral color palette that will fit right into most theme designs.
- Completely AJAX driven; no page refresh when a user submits an entry.
- User submission moderation.
- Configurable email notifications of new submissions.
- Email logging of notifications.
- Fieldsets can be enabled or disabled and re-ordered.
- Enables front-end editing of entries for admins.
- Full support for the Connections Custom Fields and Metabox API.
- Translation ready.
See it in action…
= 2.7.5 11/24/2021 =
- TWEAK: Remove use of
- TWEAK: Utilize
_array::get()to prevent index does not exist PHP notices.
- TWEAK: Give the ability for logged-out users/site visitors the capability to assign terms.
- OTHER: Update plugin header and readme.txt header.
- OTHER: Correct misspellings in inline phpDoc.
- OTHER: phpDoc update.
= 2.7.4 04/28/2020 =
- TWEAK: Add filters to update the edit entry permalink to the frontend form.
- OTHER: Update plugin header copyright year.
- OTHER: Update “Tested up to” readme.txt header to 5.4.
= 220.127.116.11 12/17/2019 =
- TWEAK: Force jQuery Validate debug to false.
= 2.7.3 05/13/2018 =
- BUG: Use `cnRetrieve::getEntryBy()` with slug, if method is available, when editing an entry to allow editing entry names which are only numbers.
- OTHER: Update copyright year.
- OTHER: Update plugin header.
= 2.7.2 12/28/2018 =
- BUG: Correct textdomain usage throughout.
- I18N: Update POT file.
- I18N: Update French (France) translation.
= 2.7.1 10/16/2018 =
- TWEAK: A few minor CSS tweaks to correct a couple minor display issues.
= 2.7 10/09/2018 =
- NEW: Introduce `Connections_Form::getBaseURL()`.
- TWEAK: Setup base class properties.
- TWEAK: Replace `Connections_Form::loadTextdomain()` with `cnText_Domain::register()` to remove code duplication and standardize translations loading.
- TWEAK: Remove unused global constants.
- TWEAK: Standardize filter name so they are consistent using namespace naming convention.
- TWEAK: Rename shortcode output variable to be more descriptive of what it contains.
- TWEAK: Remove unnecessary filter since WP core provides one.
- TWEAK: Remove unused function.
- TWEAK: Hook into the `shortcode_atts_connections_form` filter to set the form process; add or edit.
- TWEAK: Move where the `Connections_Directory/Form/Shortcode/Entry/Object` filter is applied.
- TWEAK: Alter control structure of `Connections_Form::setEntry()` and add filter to its return value.
- TWEAK: Use shortcode process option to determine the form process instead of checking for a query variable.
- OTHER: Remove extra line break.
- I18N: Update Dutch translation. Props Age!
- DEV: phpDoc corrections.
= 2.6.1 09/28/2018 =
- NEW: Introduce the `cnf_category_metabox_atts` filter.
- OTHER: Update plugin home page link in plugin header.
- OTHER: Bump required WP version to 4.5.3 to match core.
- OTHER: Bump required PHP to 5.4 version to match core.
- OTHER: Update plugin header and readme plugin name to be consistent with current naming style.
- OTHER: Links to home page/plugin page should be https.
- I18N: Add context to the Title form field to match the core Connections plugin.
- DEV: phpDoc corrections.
= 2.6 03/27/2018 =
- TWEAK: Refactor `Connections_Form::nameMetabox()` to respect the name fieldset configuration options.
- TWEAK: If core WP script `jquery-form` is not registered, register it.
- DEV: phpDoc correction.
= 2.5 01/29/2018 =
- FEATURE: Add option for sending an admin notification for non-moderated submission. Add support for appending a changelog of the changes user made to their entry.
- FEATURE: Add support for displaying custom content messages before and after the submission form.
- TWEAK: Minor CSS tweaks.
- TWEAK: Change how CSS/JS are registered and enqueued to help workaround themes which break enqueuing scripts from within shortcodes.
- TWEAK: Ensure the edit URL permalink is passed the correct values.
- TWEAK: Pass the cnEntry object via the cn_metabox_name_atts filter.
- BUG: Correct redirection bug after form submission.
- I18N: Update translations files.
- DEV: phpDoc corrections.
= 2.4.3 07/08/2016 =
- TWEAK: Change the `home_id` attribute default to the Connections Home Page setting in the `connections_link_edit_url` filter callback.
- BUG: Do not display the edit entry action link when the entry is a family since Form does not support editing families.
- DEV: phpDoc fixes.
= 2.4.2 06/07/2016 =
- TWEAK: Pass the shortcode attributes cnLinkEdit URL() callback via the `connections_link_edit_url` filter.
- TWEAK: Remove the `connections_link_entry_action_url` filter and callback since it is not longer required.
- TWEAK: Refactor the entryAction() method to remove the hardcoded check for a linked entry and introduce the ` connections_form_entry_action_url` filter.
- TWEAK: Ensure the Link edit URL is created to resolve to the correct page rather than simply forcing it to the page set as the directory home page.
- BUG: Ensure user has the correct view capability before filtering the edit link to the the frontend edit link.
- DEV: phpDoc fixes.
= 2.4.1 03/25/2016 =
- TWEAK: CSS tweak to ensure remove buttons width are correct.
- BUG: Fix bug which could lose categories assigned to entries when edited on the frontend in Form.
= 2.4 03/03/2016 =
- TWEAK: Use the new hooks in Link 3.0 to alter the add/edit link URLs and suppress the Link’s edit entry link.
- TWEAK: Ensure the `$content` var is set in `email()`.
- TWEAK: Use `cnRetrieve::entry()` instead of `cnRetrieve::entries()` in `entryAction()`.
- TWEAK: Ensure `$options` var is set in `visibilityMetabox()`.
- TWEAK: Remove unused vars in `nameMetabox()`.
- BUG: Fix bug where the entry type was was not being set properly when editing an entry.
- DEV: phpDoc fixes.
- DEV: Fix array alignment.
= 2.3.1 02/23/2016 =
- NEW: Add support for the `exclude_category`, `include_category`, `parent_category`, `hide_empty_category` and `show_category_count` shortcode options.
- NEW: Add shortcode option to allow the root parent category to be an option group.
- TWEAK: Remove use of deprecated function call in categoryMetabox().
- TWEAK: Remove unused var in categoryMetabox().
- TWEAK: Change the category shortcode option to categorydiv in order to prevent a option clash with the core [connections] shortcode.
- BUG: There should not be a select all option when selecting categories.
- DEV: Correct minor phpDoc issues.
= 2.3 07/09/2015 =
- FEATURE: Add support for email log management.
= 2.2 06/27/2015 =
- FEATURE: Add support for email logging.
= 2.1.1 03/15/2015 =
= 2.1 03/25/2015 =
- FEATURE: Add an option to do a page redirect after a successful entry submission.
= 2.0.4 02/28/2015 =
- TWEAK: Pull email notices out to a separate method for cleaner code and code de-duplication.
- TWEAK: Load translations on the plugins_loads action hook.
- I18N: Update the POT/MO files.
- I18N: Include the PO files that way users can more easily update translations.
- BUG: Fix a couple of incorrect textdomain values.
- OTHER: Add missing release date to changelog.txt.
- OTHER: Fix misspellings in phpDoc.
- OTHER: Remove var declaration that is immediately overwritten.
- OTHER: Remove PO files from being ignored.
- OTHER: Rename LICENSE.txt to GPL.txt.
- OTHER: Add the LICENSE.txt file.
- OTHER: All-caps the CHANGELOG.txt file.
= 2.0.3 02/03/2015 =
- FEATURE: Add support for datepicker.
- FEATURE: Add support for the browser File API to prevent users from selecting a file larger than the max PHP upload size.
- TWEAK: CSS tweaks to help prevent themes from breaking styling.
- TWEAK: Update jQuery Validate ignore field list.
- TWEAK: Change function arg call to get settings for email submission notice.
- TWEAK: Add new AJAX response messages.
- BUG: Fix metabox ID for dates.
- BUG: Add missing semi-colons in switch.
- BUG: Add parens to if statement.
- BUG: Use the correct var when sending the JSON response.
- BUG: Fix bug that prevented the removing of entry data.
- OTHER: Add .editorconfig.
- OTHER: Add .jshintrc.
- OTHER: Add phpStorm to .gitignore.
- OTHER: phpDoc fixes.
- OTHER: Update the minified JS file.
= 2.0.2 07/10/2014 =
- BUG: Fix T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM PHP error message being encountered by a few users.
- OTHER: Fix misspelling.
= 2.0.1 06/05/2014 =
- BUG: Adjust logic of hiding metaboxes when editing an entry to ensure no data loss when editing entries in the front-end.
= 2.0 05/30/2014 =
- FEATURE: Enables front-end editing of entries.
- FEATURE: Full support for the Connections Custom Fields API.
- FEATURE: Settings UI to enable/disable fieldsets and rearrange the order of display.
- FEATURE: Settings option to enable/disable the user selectable entry type.
- FEATURE: Settings option to select default entry type.
- FEATURE: Settings option to enable/disable “Submit New Entry” list action.
- FEATURE: Settings option to enable/disable “Edit Entry” entry action.
- FEATURE: Integration with Link 2.0 to permit user front-end entry maintenance.
- FEATURE: Integration with Toolbar.
- FEATURE: Added submit endpoint off the directory home page.
- TWEAK: Improved submission messages.
- TWEAK: Added error messages.
- TWEAK: Enqueues minified CSS and JS files.
- BUG: Remove double forward slash in URL of CSS and JS files.
= 1.0.3 4/23/2014 =
- OTHER: Update bio and notes editor to be compatible with WordPress 3.9.
= 1.0.2 2/18/2013 =
- BUG: The .gitignore file was set to ignore .mo files.
- OTHER: Inlude the missing .mo files.
= 1.0.1 1/30/2013 =
- BUG: Remove the !important declartion on the CSS margin for the Chosen search results.
- BUG: Correct the padding on the CSS for the category select.
- OTHER: Add the missing release date in the changelog for 1.0.
- OTHER: Correct some misspellings in the changelog.
= 1.0 11/22/2012 =
- FEATURE: Configurable email notification is sent when a new entry has been submitted to the moderation queue.
- FEATURE: Configurable email notification is sent to the submitter if they supplied an email address thanking them for their submission.
- FEATURE: Option to require the user to login before showing the submission form.
- BUG: Fix bug with submitting in IE8 by setting the post method on the form.
- BUG: Change the input line height from 1px to 1em as it should have been set in the first place. Fixes IE rendering.
- BUG: Ensure the localize JS is only output on the page a single time by hooking the function into the wp_enqueue_scripts action. Some themes were outputting it multiple times.
- OTHER: Include German translation. Credit: Andreas
- OTHER: Include Dutch translation. Credit: Dirk
- OTHER: Removed the action attribute from the form, unneeded.
- OTHER: Added additional styles to prevent themes from breaking the layout.
- OTHER: Make the CSS declarations a little more efficient.
- OTHER: Code clean up, first pass to bring in better alignment to WP coding standards.
- OTHER: Remove pass by reference when referencing class methods in actions and filters for PHP 5.4 compatibility.
- OTHER: Add admin error notice if Form is installed and activated and Connections is not.
- OTHER: Use proper WP functions for base path and URL. This should ensure proper compatibility with multisite.
= 0.3.4 6/30/2012 =
- OTHER: Include Russian translation. Credit: Aslan
= 0.3.3 6/24/2012 =
- OTHER: Added shortcode option to disable tinyMCE for the Bio and Notes fields.
= 0.3.3 5/8/2012 =
- OTHER: Include Hungarian translation. Credit: Robert
- OTHER: Include French translation. Credit: Patricia
- OTHER: Updated Spanish translation. Credit: Jaime
- OTHER: Include Spanish Peru translation. Credit: Gary.
= 0.3.1 4/30/2012 =
- OTHER: Added some additional CSS to help from keep themes from breaking the layout.
= 0.3 4/22/2012 =
- FEATURE: Translation ready.
- FEATURE: Added an option to disable the selectable entry type radio.
- FEATURE: Added an option to change the Bio meta box name to a custom string.
- FEATURE: Added an option to change the Note meta box name to a custom string.
- OTHER: Include Spanish translation. Credit: Jamie
- OTHER: Include Polish translation. Credit: Iwona
= 0.2.1 4/4/2012 =
- BUG: Fixed a bug that prevented empty categories from showing.
= 0.2 4/1/2012 =
- FEATURE: Added the option to set the default for the entry type.
- FEATURE: Added the ability for the submitter to select the categories they would like to be listed.
= 0.1 3/1/2012 =
- Initial Release