This can happen for several reasons outlined below.
Expired Support License Key
An update will appear as available, but attempting to update will result in the “Update Failed: Plugin update failed.” error message. To update, you will need to renew your Support License Key.
Support License Key not Activated
To receive updates for the extensions or templates you have purchased, you must activate the Support License Key on the site you wish to receive updates. Please see the FAQ on how to activate your support license key.
License Activated on Another Site
It is common to develop a new site on a development server and then publish the site on a production server with a separate domain name. This causes the Support License Key activation to become invalid.
To fix this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Purchase History page.
- Click the Licenses tab.
- Click the Manage Sites link for the item that you need to update your domain.
- Click the Deactivate Site link to remove the development site.
- Enter the the full URL of the live site.
- Navigate to the Connections Settings admin page on you live site, enter your license keys, and save the cahnges.