Interested in translating Connections? Great! Here is a quick introduction and how you can get started…
Transifex is used to create and manage translations for Connections, its templates and extensions. Transifex was chosen because it provides an easy to use centralized platform to manage translations for us. Even better though, it provides you, the translators, an easy to use for creating and maintaining your translations for Connections. You’ll be guaranteed that you latest translation will be included in every update which will benefit your entire community.
To get started with Transifex:
- Go here and create a free account.
- After you create a free account, send me your username and which language you will be translating Connections. Alternatively, you can request to create a translation from right within Transifex on the Connections Project page.
- Lastly, I will add you as the coordinating translator for the language.
After you have been added as the coordinating translator these are the basic steps for translating:
- Go to to this page.
- Click the link of the language you wish to translate.
- Click the POT File link. This will bring up a pop-up window.
- Click the Translate now button.
- You will now be in the translation editing screen.
- On the left is every string in Connections that can be translated.
- Click on the strings you want to translate.
- Enter your translation where it says, “Type your translation here”.
- At any point you can stop and any strings you have translated will be saved.
- Click the Dashboard link at the top right to go back to the main project page.
I will be notified when as updates occur. I will then pull down the translation and include it in the next update.
Already have a an account with Transifex? Click the translation link below on the language you wish to help with.Bad Request (400)