In the upper right of the admin, right below your username is a tab name “Screen Options”. When you click this tab it will slide open.
Here you can change the following options:
- The number of entries to show per page.
- Choose to display the entry photo or logo as the thumbnail.
Connections provides many ways to filter and search your entries so no matter how small or large your directory is you will easily be able to find and manage your entries.
If you are using the Form and/or Link extensions and have them configured to require approval before submissions are listed in the directory you may have entries in the moderation queue. To view the moderation queue click the Moderate entry status link.
By Keyword Search
The keyword search field allows you to quickly search your entries. The fields that can be searched when performing a query can be configured on the Connections : Setting admin page under the Search tab.
When adding or editing an entry you can assign them to any number of categories. To filter the results by a category, select one of the options from the drop down and then click the Filter button.
When adding or editing an entry you can add them as an Individual, Organization or Family. Using this filter you can limit the entries shown based on the entry type selected when they were added. To filter the results by the entry type, select one of the options from the drop down and then click the Filter button.
When adding or editing an entry you can set its visibility status as Public, Private or Unlisted. Using this filter you can limit the entries shown based on that status. To filter the results by the entry visibility status, select one of the options from the drop down and then click the Filter button.
The filter by character index will filter your entries by the letter clicked. When adding entries you can choose to add an entry as an Individual, Organization or Family, when using a character filter the following will determine of an entry is shown:
- If an entry is an Individual the individual’s last name will be used.
- If an entry is an Organization, the organization’s name will be used.
- If an entry is a Family, the family name will be used.
The pagination control informs you of how many entries you are currently viewing out of the total based on the filters being applied. It also provides you with easy to use forward and back buttons and jump to beginning and jump to end buttons. To jump to a specific page you can enter the number in the page input and hit Enter.
There are several bulk actions that are available which allow you to manage many large numbers of entries quickly. These actions are:
- Set Public
- Set Private
- Set Unlisted
To use the bulk actions select the entries from the table using the checkbox on the left of the entry row, choose the action to perform and then click the apply button.
This table lists all your entries or the results of the filters being applied to your entries. This consists of the following columns:
- Checkbox :: This checkbox, when clicked (checked), ‘selects’ that particular entry to be processed by a Bulk Action.
- Name :: This is the entry name as a link. Clicking the link will take you to the Edit admin page where you can make changes to the entry.
- Categories :: Displays all the categories as links, to which the entry has been assigned, that when clicked will cause the list of entries assigned to that category to be displayed in the table just as if you applied a category filter.
- Last Modified :: This displays the date the entry was last modified and by whom. It also displays the entries’ Visibility status.
These individual entry actions are revealed when mousing over a row in the entry table. The available are actions are:
- Approve/Unapprove :: Clicking this will toggle the approved status of an entry.
- Edit :: Clicking this will take you to the Edit admin page where you can make changes to the entry.
- Copy :: Clicking this will take you to the Add admin page where the form fields are already prepopulated with the information of the entry from which the action link was clicked.
- Delete :: Clicking this link will immediately delete the entry.
- Show Details :: Clicking this link will expand the entry row in the table so you can easily review the entry details.
- vCard :: Clicking this link will download the entry’s vCard to your computer.
- View :: Clicking this link will take you directly to that entry’s profile/detail view on this site’s frontend.
Where do I find the entry ID?
The entry ID can be found on the Connections : Manage admin page by clicking the ‘Show Details’ link. The entry ID can be found in the rightmost column.
Permanlink | Comments Closed