Before you install a template:
Templates require the Connections plugin to be installed and activated first. Here’s a link to the QuickStart which will walk you thru the few quick and simple steps to install and do the basic setup of Connections.
How to install a template:
- Download the zip file from your purchase confirmation email or from your Purchase History and save it to your desktop.
- Install the attached zip file as a plugin.
- Go to the Plugins admin page.
- Click Add New.
- Click Upload.
- Select the zip file that you downloaded to your desktop.
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate.
- Go to the Connections : Templates admin page.
- Activate the template.**
- Go to the Connections : Settings admin page.
- Click the Licenses tab.
- Copy/paste your support license key into the input field.
- Click the Activate button.
If you are upgrading to the newest version of a template:
- Go to the Plugins admin page.
- Deactivate the template that is being updated.
- Delete the template.
- Follow the installation instructions at the top of the page.
** NOTE: If you are using a caching plugin such as W3TC, WP Super Cache, WP Rocket and so on, please remember to flush your page cache.
The following instructions are for legacy templates only.
If you purchased and/or are upgrading your template after 3/15/2013, please follow the instructions at the top of the page.
Using the Template Installer
- First, and most important, before you can install and use any of the Extensions you must install Connections. Here’s the link to the installation instructions.
- In the WordPress admin under the Connections menu, select Templates.
- Browse to the template zip file and select it.
- Click Install Now.
- On a successful installation click Activate.
- NOTE: If the template is for a specific template type you may have to switch to that template type first in order to activate the template.
- When activated the template will now be used by default.
Manual Template Installation
You need to create a new folder in wp-content named connections_templates. The path would be this: wp-content/connections_templates.
Unzip the template. When unzipped it should have created a folder named with the template name in all lower case with hyphens for spaces. The template files will be within this folder. Copy the folder and the files within to the connections_templates folder. The path should look like this: wp-content/connections_templates/template-name and have all the template files within it. Now the template should show up on the Connections : Templates admin page where it can be activated.
If you are upgrading from a legacy template to the newest version:
If you are running an older version of a template that was installed by using the Template Installer directions, the new version of the template will not show up for activation until the following steps are performed:
- Following the installation instructions at the top of the page.
- Go to the Connections : Templates admin page
- Activate the Default Card Template for the “All”, “Individual” and “Organization” template types.
- Delete the previous version of the template you are upgrading.
- The new version of the template will now show up and be available to activate.