The Connections Dashboard admin page is similar to the WordPress Dashboard admin page in that it provides news and information about your directory at a glance.
Just like the WordPress Dashboard admin page, the news and directory information is provided by various dashboard widgets. The dashboard widgets included in Connections are the following:
- News – This widget displays the latest Connections related news such as update information and new features.
- Quick Links – Provides links to useful resources such as the documentation and FAQs.
- Awaiting Moderation – If you are using the Form extension, this widget displays the latest submissions still awaiting admin approval before being listed in the directory.
- Recently Added – Displays a list of the most recently added entries in the directory.
- Recently Modified – Displays a list of the most recently modified entries in the directory.
- Today’s Anniversaries – Displays a list of entries which have an anniversary today.
- Today’s Birthdays – Displays a list of entries which have a birthday today.
- Upcoming Anniversaries – Displays a list of entries which have an anniversary within the next 30 days.
- Upcoming Birthdays – Displays a list of entries which have a birthday within the next 30 days.
Collapse or Minify Widgets
Each widget can be collapsed on the Dashboard page by clicking the arrow in the upper right of the widget.
The widgets can be rearranged by dragging and dropping them in the order/position that you would like to see them.
If you do not need to see a widget you can easily hide it by clicking the Screen Options tab in the upper right and unchecking the widget you would like to hide.
Change Number of Columns
You can change the number of columns that the widgets are displayed in by clicking the Screen Options tab in the upper right and selecting the “1 column” or “2 column” layout option.