Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
10/12/2015 at 12:24 pm #350254NashParticipant
I have tried multiple browsers/computers, and the export function does not seem to work for my site. Any suggestions?10/12/2015 at 4:06 pm #350339
re: the export function does not seem to work for my site.
Could you give more detail? For example, when you say “nothing happens“, do you mean when you click the button, nothing happens? Or, does the progress bar show with the process spinner displays and then nothing happens? Or…
This well help me identify a possible issue an offer a suggestion. Thanks!10/12/2015 at 4:15 pm #350342NashGuest
The button appears to depress, the progress bar appears to start loading something, but then nothing happens. I can download other things like the settings .json file. I tried turning off sucuri in case that was the issue, no help. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.10/12/2015 at 4:34 pm #350344
Ok, that helps! My guess there is a server error occurring in the background process that does the exporting. To narrow down what this might be, do this…
10/12/2015 at 4:52 pm #350350NashGuest
- Open the page in Chrome.
- Hit the F12 key.
- Click the Console tab.
- Click the export button.
- Do you see any error? If you do, what are they?
- Click the Network tab.
- Click the XHR button to the right of the Filter box.
- It is likely one of the last rows are red. Click that row and then click the Response tab that will be displayed.
- In the Response tab, they might be an error. If there is, what is it?
Sorry, i had to redownload chrome and install developer tools, so it took a few minutes, but now that we can see the same thing, we should be good to go.
Under console, the first error that comes up is this:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘farbtastic’ of undefined$.farbtastic @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,farbtastic&ver=4.3.1:25$.fn.farbtastic @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,farbtastic&ver=4.3.1:19(anonymous function) @ colorpic.js?ver=1.5:3m.Callbacks.j @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,farbtastic&ver=4.3.1:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,farbtastic&ver=4.3.1:2m.extend.ready @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,farbtastic&ver=4.3.1:2J @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,farbtastic&ver=4.3.1:2
Nothing under Network tab, though I do get a quick flash of red far down in the right hand corner (load time?) before nothing. Let me know if you want a screen shot?
I should also point out, that none of the exports work?10/12/2015 at 5:26 pm #350355
Ok, that Uncaught TypeError error is the cause. Any script that tries to run after that error can not be run.
Farbtastic is the old (legacy) color picker WordPress use to use once upon a time. Another plugin or the theme must be using it without making sure they limit its usage to there own admin pages, a best practice to that prevents theses types of conflicts.
My suggestion… try deactivating all other plugins. Does the export work now? If it does not, then the theme is the cause. If it does work, then one of the plugins are the cause. Activate each plugin one at a time. After you activate a plugin, try to do an export. If you can, the plugin is not the cause. If you can not, then that plugin is causing the issue. Do this one at a time until you identify the bad plugin.
Hope this helps, let me know.10/12/2015 at 5:39 pm #350361NashGuest
Bingo! My theme (Customizr) was using the plugin GMO Font Agent and this was the conflict. Thanks so much for figuring this out so quickly!10/12/2015 at 6:25 pm #350377
Thanks for the feedback! I’ll add this to my plugin conflict faqs.10/13/2015 at 12:32 pm #350436
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.