BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,661 through 8,670 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Find a doctor? #330378
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pam

    Sorry I was not more clear! It is actually all custom but built atop of an unmodified Connections plugin. I hope that makes sense!

    They commissioned a custom extension for Connections which enables that search you see on their front page. They also have made extensive customizations to the cMap template. The point that I was attempting make was that it seems what you want to do is possible but you may want a custom extension as well.

    You can do the setup as I describe above and review the cMap template and its demo to see if they suit your needs or not. It alone may be good enough. Or you may want something more custom tailored.

    I hope that helps.

    in reply to: Exact Search? #330377
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Martin

    Change the CSS I gave you yesterday to the following… needs to be slightly different for the current cMap.

    #cn-cmap input#cn-search-input {
      height: 42px !important;
      font-size: 36px !important;
      line-height: normal !important;
    }
    
    #cn-cmap input#cn-search-submit {
      height: 42px !important;
    }
    
    #cn-cmap span.cn-search {
      margin-bottom: 16px !important;
      text-align: center !important;
      display: block !important;
      float: none !important;
    }
    

    Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Display tab and disable the Single Entry Template option. Or. Go to the Connections : Templates admin page and activate the cMap template under both the Individual and Organization template types (links are top left on the page).

    As for SiteShot… there is no reason for it to stop functioning. It seems cMap is defaulting to the logo which is its default setting. What is the exact shortcode you are using? Did you do this.

    in reply to: Hiding individuals linked to a family #330313
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rachel

    re: If I had John Smith, with an individual you would find John Smith under “S” for Smith, with family John Smith is now found under “J” for John. Any ideas on how to fix this?

    I enter the names backwards… last, name.

    re: I have also discovered that if I only display Family the relations no longer show up under the Families that have relations.

    I’m sorry, not sure I understand???

    in reply to: Find a doctor? #330312
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pam

    What you describe seems a lot like this site. SSCIT does have quite a bit of custom functionality added to it. But it shows what can be done.

    Based on your description… you would enter all doctors as individuals, the locations would be the address and the specialties would be categories. Seems to be a fairly basic setup.

    Themes are responsive or not… the templates for Connections, all responsive friendly (except Market).

    You would need at least a template which supports category filtering and search. SSCIT is using a heavily customized version of the cMap template.

    As for installation, sometimes I do depending on my availability and the project. I do not do data entry though.

    Hope this answers your question.

    in reply to: changing date labels #330311
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ramona

    What is the entry type? An org and an individual?

    If the entry type is an individual, neither the org or dept so, by default, but can be turned on using a shortcode option like so:

    [connections show_org='true']

    This will only be shown when you expand to show the details.

    If the entry type is an org, the org name will be displayed as the entry name but no dept will be shown. To show the dept, you would use the same shortcode as above. And like an individual the dept will only be shown when you expand to show the details.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: unable to upload images #330310
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    Maybe it is recently installed plugin that is causing the problem them. Version 8.2.3 really was primarily an audit of the CSS and tweaking of some automated tasks for prefixing CSS and minifying CSS and JS file… nothing that would affect uploading an image.

    There was a change with 8.1.6 (released in Jan) that would prevent selecting an image that was larger than what the server permits to be uploaded. If that is the reason, there should be a little popup error message. Maybe that popup isn’t displaying for you for some reason. Can you try selecting a small image to see if that makes a difference?

    in reply to: Not fully importing #330309
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Wendi

    Looking at the files path ../wp-content/plugins/connections-csv/submenu/csv.php, it seems you are using a really old version, you may have to update it.

    The error… is actually a just warning for developers and will not affect the function. You should actually disable PHP warnings from being displayed on a live site (as a best practice). Here’s link to a blog post that covers how to do that.

    The issue where only part of the whole is being imported… that could be caused by PHP. Newer versions limit the amount of data that can be submitted via a form which is how the old CSV Import worked. New versions work around that limitation. This could also be why none of the addresses and phone numbers and such are importing. is that data actually shown before you import, or is it blank? If it is blank it is not even being read from the CSV file if it is being shown then it could be that the data is being drop due to the new PHP limitations that I’ve mentioned.

    You can try increasing the max input. Here’s one link that explains it:
    http://stackoverflow.com/a/14166562

    I found the above link from this Google search:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=php.ini+max+input

    Really, the best path forward is to update to the latest. I see that your support license has expired for it so you’ll have to renew it before you’ll have access to the update.

    I hope that helps.

    in reply to: Connections for FAMILY #330308
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dmitriy

    Sorry, no, not at this time.

    in reply to: Logos will not display after update #330213
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joe

    I’ve had an opportunity to pull down this plugin and debug the conflict. It is actually a bug in the Media Features plugin. Here’s a FAQ that goes into the details.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Exact Search? #330206
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Martin

    First, you should probably update to the latest version of cMap. You have version 3.1 and the current is 4.1. it seems your support license has expired so you’ll have to renew it to access the update. That said…

    Here’s some CSS which you can add to the theme’s custom CSS area should make the search input larger. Tweak as desired.

    #cn-cmap input#cn-search-input {
      height: 42px !important;
      font-size: 18px !important;
    }
    
    #cn-cmap input#cn-search-submit {
      height: 42px !important;
    }
    
    #cn-cmap span.cn-search {
      margin-bottom: 16px !important;
    }
    

    You seem to being using a plugin which attempts to load javascript on your site asynchronously. For the most part is seems to be working fine… but… it is not loading the javascripts required for cMap. My guess is that the plugin does its thing before cMap registers its javascripts so it does not “know” to load them. This could very well be causing other plugins scripts not to be loaded too. If this is the case, that plugin should be running much later in order to ensure all scripts that are registered are still being loaded. I suggest you deactivate that plugin.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,661 through 8,670 (of 15,332 total)