Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Rachel
I haven’t really figured out a way to handle this well… what I end up doing for my church directory is simply adding individuals as a Family with no relations added.
Sorry that I do not have a better solution for you.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Matthew
What I can see from the video is that something is breaking the JavaScript on the page. This is just about always cause by a plugin or theme which does not limit its JavaScript to its own admin page.
You can view all errors by opening the page in Chrome, hitting the F12 key and then clicking the Console tab. Often the error/filename will be a clue as to the source of the error. If it is not, then mouse hover over the filename on the far right, that will show the full path to the file in a tooltip. The path can just about always be used to determine the source of the error.
After you determined the source, try deactivate the offending plugin.
If the Console doesn’t give you any useful info, you have to temporarily deactivate plugin to see which is causes the issue. If you eliminate other plugins as the source, then it is probably the theme,. In that case you would have to temporarily switch to the default theme to see if the issue goes away.
Hope that helps! Let me know what you find out.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ josh901
No, since moving Connections to use core WordPress functions to process uploads, image uploading issues have been pretty rare. This was a major change that happened in 8.1. Pretty much if you can upload images using the Media Manager, there should not be any issues uploading images at all since it is basically the same code, just a different destination folder.
Which version did you upgrade from? Any errors or anything being shown? What happens when you try to upload an image? Any additional detail will help, thanks?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Ramona
The list of support shortcode options for Excerpt Plus can be found on this page. There are not options for those which is why they did not work.
Can you change these, yes… here’s a link to a QuickTip that gives you the details.
Hope that helps!
-
This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by
Steven Zahm.
-
This reply was modified 10 years ago by
Steven Zahm.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kurt
No, registration, you have to use WordPress or a plugin. That market is pretty well served already, not sure I’ll be adding to it… though I can see it being hugely beneficial if registration also created an entry so there would not need to be double entry of data.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ raj
Thanks, glad to help!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kurt
I read this a few times… so I hope I understand fully…
First, disable both the shortcode override options and remove the shortcode options. I do not think you need those. They’re old and really should be used but I’m stuck leaving them in there for backwards compatibility. You come across the one bug I have not been able to resolve due to chicken and egg issue…. the login form will not be shown if these overrides are enabled.
Disable the require login to view option.
Now, to make your member directory private set all entries that are to be private if they are not already. You can do this by filtering by your member directory category and then using the bulk action to set them to be private. Now those entries will only be visible to logged in users. But this will leave you with a page that says no results when a non-logged in user visits the member direct page. Not desirable. I suggest setting the page to be publish privately, that way only logged in users can even see the page and then toss a login widget in the sidebar. Or alternatively, keep the page public and use a plugin like Restrict Content to show a login form or the page contents depending on if the user is logged in or not.
I think this will accomplish your goals… if I understood correctly.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Reshma
Great to hear it is working for you!
re: Can I please ask at this stage if I can import a sample image/logo through my csv file.
Sorry, no, this is not possible. Here’s a link to a QuickTip that you might be able to use instead.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ dominic
Sorry, no, there is not.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Daniel
Well, it is possible, sure, but something like that would have to be created from scratch. I do not have anything available right now that even comes close to having this type of feature. Sorry. I have added this to my feature request list. I do think it would make an excellent extension.
-
This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts
