BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,681 through 8,690 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: This plugin is not responsive??? #330138
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Laura

    Not sure what I did, but I’ll take it :D –Thanks!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ raj sinha

    The open_basedir issue is being caused by your web hosts configuration. The solution I gave in this post will fix the issue.

    The specific file you’ll need to delete is:
    ../wp-content/plugins/connections/templates/~README.txt/

    It is just a simple text file so it is safe to delete.

    More details here and here.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: html issues #330042
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    Alright, let me know what you learn.

    in reply to: Size of grid #330030
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bc

    Sorry, no, the only way to show the formatting is to show the full bio.

    in reply to: translation / transifex / quick solution? #330029
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ anja

    Sorry, to hear you lost your translations… my guess is that the CodeStyling Localization plugin placed your translation in the Connections plugin folder. When WordPress does updates, it deletes the folder, so there nothing I can do about that. I do have an alternate folder where custom translations can be save to so they are update safe. The instructions can be found on the translations doc page in the FAQ on where to save to MO/PO files.

    re: What is the next step?
    I do not see that you requested to be part of a translation team (a language) you need to do that in Transifex or let me know which language you would like to help translate. After you are added to the team, you’ll be able to help translate.

    re: And understanding your explanation correctly, the words I might translate now, will only be published within the next update. So in the meanwhile should I do the manual way again with po/mo files?
    No, you do not need to wait for an update, the instructions to use the updated translation is in the I’ve added or updated a translation, do I have to wait for an update? FAQ on the translations doc page.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: This plugin is not responsive??? #330027
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Laura

    This is the style within Connections which auto adjusts the widths, most of which are already flagged important.

    img.cn-image {
        border: none !important;
        height: auto !important;
        left: 0 !important;
        margin: 0 !important;
        max-height: none !important;
        max-width: 100%;
        padding: 0 !important;
        position: relative !important;
        top: 0 !important;
        width: auto; /* For proper IE8 support for max-width, width:auto needs to be defined. */
    }
    

    As you see this is pretty explicit. You’ll have to use the browser dev tools to inspect the CSS and figure out what styles in the theme is overriding this.

    in reply to: Size of grid #330022
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bc

    Sorry, but my answers is the same as before. I’ll try rewording them maybe that will help…

    When WordPress creates excerpts, it removes the formatting.

    If you disable the excerpt, the full bio will be shown. When the full bio is shown, the formatting will also be shown.

    You asked how to disable the excerpt in the other thread. In my reply, I pointed you to the doc page where you can find detailed instructions and turning off the excerpt.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Edit Custom Field Display #330021
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ St. Ann’s Academy

    Yes, the are classed too. They have class named cn-entry-meta-key. So this should work:

    #cn-slim-plus .cn-entry-content-block-meta .cn-entry-meta-key {
      font-weight: bold;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Shortcode Options to customize display #330020
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    Please do not reply to the auto-reply notifications sent by the forum. Normally I do not receive those as I have them filtered.

    Your reply for historical reference:
    Yes – That solved the issue. Thank you. I am ok with leaving search off. J

    Ok, great to hear that fixed the issue but the cause is a bug in Gridder. I’ll have to push out an update to address it.

    in reply to: Size of grid #330017
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bc

    That is how WordPress creates excerpts. Showing the full bio instead of the excerpt will display all the formatting. You ask how to do that in the other thread, here’s my reply which points you to the directions on how to turn the excerpt off.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,681 through 8,690 (of 15,332 total)