BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,691 through 8,700 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: This plugin is not responsive??? #330015
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Laura

    If it was a free publically available theme I would have installed it and tested it on my dev setup but since it is a commercial theme, I can not. Apologies I was not more clear on that point. The only thing I can tell you from the screenshot is that the theme seems to be overriding the image styles in Connections which make them “responsive”. The image should be reduced in scale to allow room for the text.

    in reply to: Translate Uncategorized in Slim plus #330014
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    Oh, I didn’t know we were talking about Form…

    Sorry, but there is no way to hide that. And if it was not translated when Connections was installed there is no way to edit it unless you change it in the db using phpMyAdmin or similar tool.

    in reply to: CSV Import – Blank Page result #330012
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reshma

    I did reply yesterday as promised… a long post too and it seems to gone. It seems like WP does that to me once a month and always on a long reply too, frustrating!

    Any way, what I determined was that this is definitely a PHP memory resource issue. I was able to replicate the exact issue on my dev site as you are experiencing on your site.

    I estimate about 80%+ of your CSV file is empty… all that empty is going to take up the same amount of memory as actually having data in those fields. It’s just the way PHP works.

    You have two options.

    The first, remove all those empty columns. This is probably the easiest and is what I did in testing. After I remove all the empty columns, I was able to do a test import just fine.

    The second solution. I created a copy of the CSV file with only 5K rows and I was able to get to the mapping step just fine, but I didn’t actually do the import. I suspect it’ll import just fine.

    Lastly, WPLocalPlus does mess up the styling of the mapping step, so I highly recommend deactivating the plugin while you do the import. If you notice any admin inconsistencies with styling or broken functionality with any plugin, my suggestion would to be first to try deactivating that plugin to see if the issue goes away. Seeing as how much stuff it loads on every admin page, it is bounds to interfere with other plugins too.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Shortcode Options to customize display #329977
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    Quick question… if you disable search, do all 23 entries display?

    in reply to: Directory listing to Single Entry #329976
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kaj Kandler

    After you activate your desired templates, make sure you go to the Connections : Settings admin page and enable the Single Entry Template option under the Display tab.

    Hoe that helps!

    in reply to: SiteShot question #329975
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dirk

    What is your exact shortcode? And which template and version are you using?

    in reply to: cMap, Siteshot and logo #329974
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dirk

    re: Is it possible (using cMap) to have, on the detail view, the logo, the image and the siteshot.

    Technically yes, but that requires you to edit the template’s php file.

    You would have to edit the card-single.php file found here:
    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-cmap/

    You would paste this where you wanted SiteShot to be displayed:

    $entry->getImage( array(
        'image'    => 'siteshot',
        'height'   => 200,
        'width'    => 300,
        'fallback' => array(
            'type'     => 'none',
            'string'   => ''
            )
        )
    );
    

    If you take this route, then you should read this QuickTip so the change is update safe.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Change font #329973
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bc

    re: How do we change the font of gridder
    For the most part, Gridder inherits the font used by the theme. to override the couple instances where it does not, add the following CSS to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-overlay {
      font-family: inherit !important;
    }
    
    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-contact span.email-address-block {
      font-family: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Now the font family defined by the theme will be used in all parts of the template. If you want to change the font-family, you will need to use CSS to override that of which the theme sets. Whatever CSS that is, well, that really depends on the theme. Someth9ing like the following may or may not work:

    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-item {
      font-family: cursive !important;
    }
    

    Of course you would change the font-family to you desired font.

    re: pls note the shortcake to show the full biography does not work, how to fix this?
    Please see the doc page. The Panel Excerpt section explains it in detail.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Size of grid #329972
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bc

    re: show multiple contacts in a row
    The number of contacts per row will depend entirely on the image size (which defines the grid size), the theme’s content width and the screen size of the device being used to view the site (if using a responsive theme).

    re: How can we enlarge the grid
    See the doc page, the Grid Size section explain it in detail.

    re: how can we justify the text that is shown as biography in the grid
    You’ll have to add you own CSS to do that. Adding the following to the theme’s custom CSS area should do the trick:

    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-excerpt {
      text-align: justify;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ salvo

    Yes, you should either be able to remove protected or set it to public. For WordPress >= 4.0, it needs to be protected.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,691 through 8,700 (of 15,332 total)