Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kaj
I believe those same web apps also allow importing of CSV files. Well, I pretty certain Google does. Maybe you could do an export/import… As for keeping in in perfect sync. Some cursory research shows that it might be possible but not easily accomplished. I may look into this a future point but right now there are other higher priorities.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Joel
I re-read these two forum threads where you mentioned having trouble with this before:
- http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/links-keep-dissapearing/
- http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/link-area-question/
In both instances when I tested it worked fine for me. And this time is no different as I just tested again and it is still working for me.
This leads me to believe there is something conflicting… removing the nofollow perhaps it is another plugin or the theme… something. What I can tell you since Connections uses the core WordPress filters for sanitation of those fields, that adding a nofollow should work just fine as long as something is not removing that support.
In this reply in the last time we had this conversation, I recommended a plugin which seemed to make it easier to add/re-enabled the ability to add it. This seemed to do the trick for you last time. Are you still using that plugin? If not, I suggest using it.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Nils
I suspect that the OS or an app installed on the OS auto-unzipped the file automatically for you. I have no control over that. You’ll have to disable that and redownload it again or even easier, simply rezip the folder so it can be installed.
Fan Fact: WordPress is just a folder of PHP source files too as well as all plugins.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dustin
I read the thread a few times… I don’t see a working solution being mentioned so I’m at a loss as what to suggest.
The closest I see is this URL:
domain.tld/directory/?cn-s=jane&cn-cat=2,3And removing the line Of code I mentioned…
Can you let me know what solution you ended up using?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Laura
I don’t see a link where you put your site up online where I can check. When you do, like I said, I’ll be glad to take a look.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Reshma
Ok, I’m logged in. The first thing that I see is the the WPLocalPlus Intl plugin is slightly misbehaving. It is loading its CSS and JS and a bunch of other third party JS libraries rather than limiting them to its own admin pages. Generally that is considered bad practice. That could cause a problem or not but it is worth trying to deactivate it and giving it a try.
Guess, not, I tried a small 20 row CSV import and it was fine… though that plugins CSS does mess up the mapping step.
Still seems you were not able to upload the CSV file. Odd because uploading as a txt file always works because they are a permitted file type.
I’ll email you in a second and you can send me the CSV file as a reply.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Reshma
Oh… you’re getting the dreaded white screen of death (WSoD)? You click upload and then get a white screen?
How big is the CSV file? How many rows and actual file size? I see the filename is first10000.csv. If that mean there’s only 10,000… that should not be an issue at all.
Generally the WSoD is cause by two issues. PHP runs out of memory or a function in PHP does not exist or is a duplicate. More often than not, it is a PHP memory issue.
First, try the steps outline in this blog post.
Which method will work depends on your host. I suggest starting at the top and working your way down.
If that does not solve the issue…
Check the PHP error logs. They may reveal the source of the issue. If you do not know where they are, you’ll have to ask the host because where the log is will depend on the host.
While you are working on those items, please send me an admin account login. Use the Contact link at the bottom of the page. Please paste a link to this forum thread so I can relate the two.
You can attach a copy of the CSV file to a reply, just change
.csvto.txtfirst. If that still does not work (it should), I’ll reply to the contact email so you can send it to me.We’ll get this working really quick, I’m sure.
Steven Zahm
KeymasterOk, lets see…
re: I need to pull the same fields from the database as on the old site. This includes the following fields (format is Data Field > Label below)
Gridder is designed to only show those details on the profile page. So, the only way to add those fields is to edit the template files.
You are going to have to edit the
card.phpfile found here:
../wp-content/plugins/connections-gridder/You’ll be able to copy/paste the relevant code from the
card-single.phpfile.All the shortcode options from the old site still work with Gridder, but since those relate to items on the profile page they will not have any affect. However, after you pull in the code from the
card-single.phpfile into thecard.phpfile they’ll work just fine.re: I’d like to be able to style these fields (phone, email, and the fields above) a little bit more. Do you have the css tags so I can do this? I didn’t see it when I looked at the code
These do have classes in the HTML markup that you can select with CSS. Not sure what code you looked at, they do have classes, I promise.
re: I use a plug in that calculates the number of years at the company and number of years in the industry. This is important to the client, but it seems to be disabled in this new version and doesn’t recognize the shortcode. Is there any way around this? The plugin is called “MagicDate.”
This is because shortcodes are not applied with excerpts. I didn’t look at every single entry but it seems the bio text is small for them all. What you can do is edit the
card.phpto use the full bio instead of the excerpt. Change this:if ( $atts['excerpt_length'] ) { echo wp_trim_words( $entry->getBio(), $atts['excerpt_length'], $atts['excerpt_more'] ); } else { echo $entry->getBio(); }to this:
echo $entry->getBio();Lastly, I mentioned editing the PHP files several times… I highly recommend following the advice in this QuickTip to ensure these changes are update safe.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Laura
Well… when you get it up online, I”l be more than happy to look to see what the conflict it.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Iris
Ok, I’m not certain, but it sounds like you have this resolved?
-
AuthorPosts
