BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,711 through 8,720 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Eric

    What was the issue… if I may ask? Was my guess right?

    in reply to: CSV users not showing under Manage tab #329874
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    re: the import hasn’t worked properly.

    This really only ever is caused by bad data in the CSV file or malformed data in the CSV file.

    I suggest you make sure it is UTF8 encoded. See the Extended characters are not being imported. FAQ on this page.

    Also, I recommend using LibreOffice to save out the CSV file. If you are using Excel, it can do a decent job at mangling such a simple file. That said… choose the CSV file, not CSV (MSDOC) or CSV (Mac). That format provides the best results.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: SiteShot question #329870
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dirk

    Last Sept there was a tweak to better handle when SiteShot was used as a fallback image other than that, it is just as it was when it was initially released.

    Why do you ask?

    in reply to: Translate Uncategorized in Slim plus #329869
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    To translate, see this doc page. It contains details instructions on translating Connections.

    If your “Uncategorized” category is complete empty, absolutely no entries assigned to it… add show_empty_categories='false' to the shortcode so you have something like this:

    [connections show_empty_categories='FALSE']

    That should do it. Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Remove "Other" from listing #329868
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bebe

    Ok, when selecting that during an import, that maps to the “Other” address type. So the instructions still apply. That said… I think I’ve been slightly misreading what you goal is. But now I think I understand.

    Go the cMap page
    Scroll down to the FAQ, and look for the one named; “How do I use the addr_format shortcode option?“. That has the instructions and how to control the address format which includes completely removing the label.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Eric

    re: We are not using a shortcode.
    If you are showing the list on a page, you have to be using a shortcode.

    I suspect you are using something like:

    [connections id='1,2,3,4,5,6' order_by='id|SPECIFIED']

    But that is just a guess… if you are, you need to add the new entry ID to the list with the other.

    in reply to: Problem this View Profile link #329864
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Iris

    Seems to be a Firefox bug as it works fine in IE11 and Chrome… add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-circled .cn-circled-excerpt {
           margin: 0 !important;
        padding-bottom: 48px !important;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Eric

    Yes, I am helping, that’s why I asked questions. I needed more information… all client are important :)

    You didn’t answer:

    What is the exact shortcode you are using?

    New question…

    I looked at the firm’s site, which list should the entry appear one. I do not see any “No results found.” message.

    in reply to: CSV Import – Blank Page result #329860
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reshma

    Which application are you creating your CSV file with?

    If you are using Excel or LibreOffice, do not add the quotes in the spreadsheet. The application will add the quotes as needed.

    If you are using Excel, save the file as a CSV, not CSV (MSDOS) or CSV (Mac).

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Translations disappear after updating #329859
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    If you are adding them to this folder:
    ../wp-content/plugins/connections/languages/

    WordPress will always delete the entire /connections/ folder and all its contents during updates. There’s nothing I can do about that.

    Ideally, you should follow the instructions on this page

    If you do not wish to contribute to the official translations, there is a FAQ at the bottom of that page; “Where should I save my MO and PO files?“, this FAQ explains where to save the files so they are update safe.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,711 through 8,720 (of 15,332 total)