BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,721 through 8,730 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: New added entry always shows no results #329857
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rustan

    What “Visibility” did you set the entry to when adding it?

    What is the exact shortcode you are using?

    Did you enable either of the Shortcode Visibility Overrides on the Connections : Settings admin page? If you did, please disable them.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Eric

    What “Visibility” did you set the entry to when adding it?

    What is the exact shortcode you are using?

    Did you enable either of the Shortcode Visibility Overrides on the Connections : Settings admin page? If you did, please disable them.

    in reply to: Remove "Other" from listing #329854
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bebe

    Yes, that is the address type label, when adding the address to the entry you chose “Other” as the address type. To change that, edit the entry and then change the address type.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Remove "Other" from listing #329849
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bebe

    Without a link or a screenshot… my best guess… it is the label for the “Other” address type. If that is the case, change the address type or remove that address.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

    in reply to: This plugin is not responsive??? #329749
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Laura

    What theme is causing the conflict? Is it publicly available? Since the issue being cause between the conflict between the theme and the template and I can not get access because it is local, there’s nothing I can really tell you by looking at the screenshot. Sorry! But if it is publically available theme, I’ll install it and take a look on my test site.

    in reply to: pay to list directory #329745
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sheila

    Sorry, no, not at this time. Other users use plugins like Restrict Content Pro to manage user memberships and related fees using their membership status to determine of the user has access to the directory or not.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: This plugin is not responsive??? #329702
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Laura

    The core plugin CSS file is found in the plugin’s folder (like all plugins):
    ../wp-content/plugins/connections/assets/css/

    I’m guessing you are using one of the core templates that come with Connections, yes? They do a have a few inline styles. The templates can be found in this folder:
    ../wp-content/plugins/connections/templates/

    Within that folder there are many other folders, each one for an individual template. Which sub-folder you would look into would depend on which template you are using.

    Since you are using a local install, you’ll have to use the browser devtools to work out where and if there is a CSS conflict.

    An easy way to see if it is a theme or another plugin is to temporarily switch to the default WP theme and deactivate all other plugins.

    One last thing, if you deactivated the core CSS on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Advanced tab, then all core CSS has not being loaded, the only style would then be coming from the theme and any inline styles that might exist you the template you are using. This option is only for users who wish to code all their own styles. So I recommend leaving this active.

    I hope this helps.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Iris

    These links are a simple unordered list which uses the theme’s styling. To change the alignment, you would override the theme’s styles for that specific list.

    Thats said…

    Adding this to the theme’s custom CSS area should do the trick:

    #cn-gridder ul.cn-list-actions {
      text-align: right;
      list-style-position: inside;
      direction: rtl;
    }
    

    Depending on how the theme styles the ul, you might have to tweak this a bit.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Russ

    Lets see…

    re: I opened the CSS file while my connections plugin was active, which made it inactive.
    Sorry, not sure I understand. Opening a CSS file, which one and how? Simply opening CSS file will not deactivate the plugin. I’m guessing that is what you mean???

    re: Is there any way to export my data or reactivate the file without losing all of my contacts?
    Add data is save in the database, just like WordPress posts. You can even delete Connections and your data will be intact. Since I do not understand what deactivated and what needs activated, I’m sorry, but I can give a more specific answer.

    re: is there a way to customize the formatting of the excerpts on gridder?
    Yes, you can use CSS to make any spacing changes you wish. Please see this QuickTip on how to do it so any changes you make will be update safe.

    re: How do I get rid of the add to address book option on the bio page?
    Go to the Connections : Settings page, click the Display tab and disable the feature under the Entry Actions.

    re: How can I change the image alignment for the single bio page image? I want it aligned to the left under the speaker’s name.
    The only way to do that is to edit the actual PHP template file. You want to edit the card-single.php file found in this folder; ../wp-content/plugins/connections-gridder/. Take a moment to read this QuickTip to do it in an update safe way. You will likely need to make CSS adjustments as well.

    re: Is it possible to set the name borders to a certain height?
    You can also do this with CSS. You’ll want to set the min-height of the div that contains the name.

    re: I would like to be able to add spacing on individual entries so I can have a uniform line with first and last name on separate lines, even if they can fit on one line.
    This too can be accomplish with CSS. The first and last names are within spans that are classed so they can easily be selected with CSS. You’ll want to change them to to display as blocks instead of inline.

    Hope that helps! let me know.

    in reply to: Directory – template responsiveness #329697
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mal

    The short answer…

    Yes, cMap is responsive theme friendly.
    No, Market is not responsive theme friendly.

    The long answer…

    The product pages for each template will state if they ar responsive theme friendly or not in there features list. Right now, the only template which is not is Market.

    This site uses a responsive theme…

    The sample of the template of the product pages for cMap and Market are of the actual template. So you can visit those pages as well as the demo pages for each template with your mobile device of choice to test them before you buy.

    I hope this thoroughly answers your question. Thanks for your interest in Connections.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,721 through 8,730 (of 15,332 total)