BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,731 through 8,740 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: This plugin is not responsive??? #329696
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Laura

    Sounds like it might be a CSS conflict with the theme. In order for me to determine that, you will need to share a link to the page having the issue with me.

    in reply to: e-mail not showing #329694
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ anja

    Oh, I see you purchased the Extension Pro Pack which comes with Contact. If you have that installed and activated, it will hide the email addresses so they are not shown to users. The user should use the contact form to email the entry.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: e-mail not showing #329693
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ anja

    When adding the email addresses, did you set them to be “Public”.

    I have run into rare occurrences where theme’s would use CSS to hide email, to determine that, you would have to share a link to the page having the issue with me.

    in reply to: Redirect after filling out profile #324532
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chris

    I can do this tonight. Here’s how I would implement the feature…

    Rather than hard coding the redirect in the JS file I would add it as an option where you can choose whether to apply a redirect or not and then select the page that should be the redirect target. This would require should take me about 2 hours to complete for a fee of $60. Doing it this way would mean it would be a support feature in Form and you would not have to worry about reapplying the change everytime there is an update to Form.

    If that is a bit much I can hard code it for you for $30 but you could never update Form without losing it. So I would highly suggest the former rather than the later.

    In order to do this work I will need a admin account and FTP access temporarily. If this is acceptable, please send me the login details using the contact link at the bottom of the page. Please paste a link to this forum thread in the message so I can relate the two. When I receive the email, I’ll send the PayPal invoice and begin work immediately.

    in reply to: Family problems #324531
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Marshall

    Ok, it wasn’t a FAQ that I remember, it was in my email… I’ll add it as a QuickTip, but here are the instructions:

    Say we have a family, the Doe’s.

    • John
    • Jane
    • Girl
    • Boy

    First, lets start with one of the parent’s, John. Create a new Individual entry for John and put in all his personal info.

    Second, simply copy John and change the first name to Jane and add/change any info that relates only to her. For example her birthday.

    Third, do the same for Girl and Boy.

    Now create a new entry using the Family entry type. For the Family name enter something like “Doe, John & Jane” and then click the “Add Relation” button for each member in the family, in this case four times. In the first column of dropdowns select each family member and in the second column of dropdowns select their relationships.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Family problems #324529
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Marshall

    You need to add the individual before you can create a Family with them. I could have sworn I had a FAQ, but I can’t find it. I’ll have to write one, but it is not really any more complex that what I just said. If you need further help with it, please let me know.

    Sorry, no, there is no way to sync Connections with a mobile phone address book.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: No Search or drop down on main page #324527
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robyn

    Those feature are disabled by default because of the small team focus of the design but they are very easy to turn on. Take a look at the Configuring the Optional Features section on the doc page for the template. It’ll walk thru how to enable them.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    Yes, it is private… however, I also deleted from the reply so it is gone.

    And thanks for the review!

    in reply to: Form input error on Name field #324473
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reshma

    Edit the page where you entered the [connections] shortcode.

    Switch the post editor to the Text tab.

    Remove all HTML tags from in and around the shortcode… especially the code and a tags.

    These were inserted when you copy/pasted the shortcode from this site into the post editor while using the Visual tab. That is by design in WordPress and not a bug with Connections.

    It is a best practice when working with shortcodes for any plugin to always paste shortcodes into the post editor while in the Text tab to help prevent issues.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Category Dropdown #324471
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dani

    re: Thanks. How can I hide the Uncategorized and other categories
    You could likely use the cn_get_terms_args filter found here.

    re: category reset
    The “Show All” is simply a link to the directory home page. So you could add a link to the widget. The file would be ../plugins/connections-widgets/includes/class.widgets.php. The function which outputs the category list is public function widget($args, $instance) on line 171. Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,731 through 8,740 (of 15,332 total)