BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,651 through 8,660 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Add website(link icon) to social icons #330733
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ dominic

    Well, I will not be adding a link option to the social media options. That said, adding a way to display a link with an icon would be good to add.

    What is the change that you make?

    in reply to: Connections for FAMILY #330694
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dmitriy

    re: Is it possible to rename existing? Let’s say changing partner or significant other to pet.

    Yes it is. See this QuickTip for details.

    re: Also, the “Form” demo doesn’t appear to have Family option for front-end submission. Is it available as part of actual extension?

    Sorry, no, presently managing families is not supported by Form.

    re: Is it possible to have a link to Family on individual profile.

    Not sure I completely understand… but I’ll take a guess.

    Most templates, early all infact, show the relations as links. My guess is maybe you’re using template which does not for the single entry view. Which template do you have active for the All template type? Which template do you have active for for Family template type? And, on the Settings admin page, under the Display tab, do you have the single entry template option enabled?

    in reply to: Exact Search? #330693
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Martin

    Thanks!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mario

    On the Connections : Settings admin page under the Display tab, enable the View My Directory Entry option under the list actions and under the Entry Actions enable the Edit Entry. Currently there is not a way to insert the links elsewhere.

    in reply to: unable to upload images #330685
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    Hmmm, unfortunetely, Classifieds is a premium plugin. I can download it to investigate. My best guess is it has javascript that is not limited to its own admin pages and that javascript somehow interferes with the file input type (an HTML tag which allows to send a file via a form submission).

    And the Map… I am working on a solution which uses Google Maps. I did look at Mapbox but the barrier to entry is way too high for the general user who expects plug and play.

    in reply to: You need to login to see the entries. #330684
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Saeed

    My best guess is that you have a page caching plugin installed, yes? If you do, flush the page cache. Non-logged in users may still be seeing a cached version of the page which does not display the entries. When logged in, cached pages are not served by the caching plugin.

    Hope this helps, let me know.

    ps. You do not need to use allow_public_override in the shortcode. That only applies if the Enable public_override is checked.

    in reply to: Upgrade cost #330632
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Doug

    I’ve emailed you a code you can use to upgrade. Let me know if you do not receive that email.

    in reply to: unable to upload images #330411
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    Glad to hear you found the issue! Which “Classifieds” plugin? This one?

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/classifieds/

    I’d like to research it to see if I can work around the issue or provide some other solution.

    in reply to: Exact Search? #330399
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Martin

    No, you need to add image=siteshot to the shortcode. The button allows you to insert shots into posts and pages if want or have the need. It’s a bonus add feature in addition to being able to be used with the templates.

    I logged in and added it to the shortcode.

    If you have a moment… I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: Need alternate phone designation option #330384
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Tim

    If you purchased any of the commercial templates available here, you can disable the output of the address type label. See this FAQ.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,651 through 8,660 (of 15,332 total)