BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,641 through 8,650 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Family entries #330957
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Greg

    Apologies for the late reply! I seemed to have overlooked your post.

    re: families

    Why not just add the info to the entry bio or notes then?

    re: rename ‘Cell phone’ as ‘Mobile’. Not everyone in the world calls them ‘cell phones’

    Yep, I agree! The cell phone name never made sense to me as mobile seems correct. Any way… you can easily change all labels in Connections, please see this QuickTip.

    re: The results produced by the print page button are messy and not very useful.

    Connections, does not have a print option, so what ever the browser prints is what is available. Another user had pretty good results with the Print O Matic plugin. Your results may vary.

    Hope that helps!

    • This reply was modified 11 years, 5 months ago by Steven Zahm. Reason: Correct misspelling
    in reply to: Organize by organization #330956
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Doug

    Actually custom ordering has been a feature for years now. Here’s the doc page. What does not work with custom ordering is the character index. That only works when sorted by name. Well, actually it still works… however it will filter by the name, not what the list is ordered by. Hope that makes sense.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Hiding individuals linked to a family #330954
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rachel

    re: after making an edit I didn’t realize it was going to run together.

    yeah, I hate that it does that… guess not enough to deep dive into the plugins code and fix it :/

    re: displaying relations…

    Changing the list type should affect the display of the relations. I just tested to make sure there was not a bug…

    What is your exact shortcode?

    This is what I just tested with:
    [connections list_type='family' template='tile-plus' show_family='true']

    NOTE: The template option is not needed if that is your active template. I need it because I run all templates at the same time on my site.

    in reply to: ability to let individual update only their page #330952
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cheryl

    You need at least the Link extension. Many users also pair it with the Form extension to allow users to maintain their entry from the frontend rather than letting them maintain it from the admin profile page.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: print family page map #330951
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cheryl

    Right, it wouldn’t work on multiple pages, you would have to print each page individually. I think the other user had a small enough directory where all entries would render successfully on a single web page, when printed it was 8 to 10 pages, if I remember correctly.

    What I mean by the base CSS… there s file named cn-user.css in the assets folder. That entire file’s contents had to be copied to the plugins custom print CSS settings option.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Category translations #330950
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    Those two particular strings are template specific and can be translated using the shortcode options for the template you are using. Here’s the link to the FAQ. The two specific options are str_select= and str_select_all. If you are using a recent version of cMap, Circled or Gridder, there is a POT file, so you also have the option of translating it with Poedit or Say What?.

    The Categories: string from getCategoryBlock() can be translated with Say What? or using Transifex.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Add website(link icon) to social icons #330908
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ dominic

    Ok, 8.2.5 (when released) will contain a icon for links and an option to use them. It can be used just like the email icons as mention in this reply in the other thread. Example:

    [connections link_format='%icon%']

    If you do not like the icon I chose and wish to use yours instead, there is a filter name is: cn_output_link_icon

    Use it like so:

    add_filter( 'cn_output_link_icon', 'cn_custom_link_icon', 10, 2);
    
    function cn_custom_link_icon( $icon, $type ) {
    
     switch( $icon['width'] ) {
    
        case 16:
          $icon['src'] = 'path/to/your/16px/icon.png';
          break;
    
        case 24:
          $icon['src'] = 'path/to/your/24px/icon.png';
          break;
    
        case 32:
          $icon['src'] = 'path/to/your/32px/icon.png';
          break;
    
        case 48:
          $icon['src'] = 'path/to/your/48px/icon.png';
          break;
    
        case 64:
          $icon['src'] = 'path/to/your/64px/icon.png';
          break;
    
        }
    
      return $icon;
    }
    

    The $type var is the link type; ie. blog or website. So you could get creative and assign custom icons by link type.

    That should cover it I believe. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: UNKNOWN ERROR HAS OCCURED #330852
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Nigel

    Something (another plugin, theme or server) is blocking access to:

    /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

    When you visit this URL:

    http://organic-health-store.co.uk/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

    The server responds with: 302 Moved Temporarily and then redirects to the site home page. It should simply show the number 0 and nothing else. Exmaple:

    http://connections-pro.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: include_entry – order of entries #330826
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ anja

    Any time you edit a core file, you’ll have to redo any changes that were made after an update. There might be an update safe way of doing what you want in order for me to tell you, you’ll need to let me know what changes you are making.

    (I looked at line 1090 in the last several versions of Connections but I can not figure out what order you are changing…)

    in reply to: Connections and RTL #330753
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mowafag

    Thanks for bring this to my attention again!

    I just added a rtl stylesheet for the admin to fixed many RTL issues in the admin and removed the style that formatted the bio/notes to be left aligned (should inherit from the theme now).

    These tweaks will be included in the 8.2.5 release. When I release, after you update, let me know if I missed anything.

    Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,641 through 8,650 (of 15,332 total)