BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,631 through 8,640 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Erik

    Sorry, no, nothing that can be done via point and click. Only “Links” can be assigned to the image and logo. I guess you could add a “Link” that is the entries profile page and assign it to the image or logo. I’ve never done it, but I see no reason why it’ll wouldn’t work. The only other way to do it would be to edit the template code.

    in reply to: filter with second dropdown list #330995
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    Everyone has different requirements… not sure a generic setup other than what is available, would do anyone any good.

    in reply to: Category translations #330994
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    re: Sorry to keep at it, but I can’t figure out how to find out where these words can be changed. Is there any way for me to know these things?

    Nearly everything can be changed in Transifex. The exceptions and template specific string (each template has a few) and extension specific string (each extension has a few). First check to see if it is a string in Transifex, if it is not there, then It is likely a template/extension specific string.

    My suggestion is translate the strings there and follow the instructions in the FAQ/ at the bottom of the page to pull down the update POT file for Poedit. That’ll really make this easier on you, that’s why I keep pointing you to the link.

    re: Connections is installed with Danish settings. There are just so, so many mistakes / places where the language isn’t translated.

    All can be fixed in Transifex.

    in reply to: Category translations #330990
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    re: What about the word ‘Uncategorized’ in the dropdown? Is poedit needed for that?

    If Connections was not installed with your language or available in your language then Uncategorized was saved to the db in English. The only way to change that is to edit it in the db using phpMyAdmin or similar tool.

    in reply to: Organize by organization #330989
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Doug

    It’s very difficult to tell from the screenshot since only one of them is open so I can see the org name but my guess is it probably sorting by org just fine. It you expected the changing of the order to change the entry name, no, that will not change. From the screenshot it appears you have entries as Individuals sort by the org field. If you want the list to show the org name, you need to change the entry type (for each) to Organization and then move the person name to the Contact Name fields. Then you would remove the order by org shortcode option since you’ll want the list to be ordered by alpha.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Exact Search? #330986
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Martin

    Oh… forgot, JS script files are not being loaded by MobilePress either. You’ll want to setup MobilePress to require those too. That’s why the maps do not work.

    in reply to: Exact Search? #330985
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Martin

    Hmmm… when I visit, the search all but seems to big… visit the emulator:

    http://mobt.me/8eid

    Oh, wait… you are using a responsive theme, but using MobilePress too??? Well, that does look kind of… uhm, less than optimal… soon as you click the Desktop Version link at the very bottom on the mobile screen and let your responsive theme do its job (Connections too) things look a whole lot better. If I may… you might want to reconsider the use of MobilePress and just use your theme instead. If that is not an option… If MobilePress allows adding custom CSS files or allows you to specify required CSS files, you need to set it up so the CSS files for Connections are loaded because presently they are not (on mobile). Actually neither is your theme’s CSS which is why the CSS I gave is not have an affect (on Mobile).

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Exact Search? #330981
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Martin

    Any template that is responsive friendly will do which is all but Market. You have cMap, you should be all set.

    I visit you site and resized to carious mobile screen sizes, seems to working just fine. What exactly is the issue?

    in reply to: Drag and Drop #330969
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Daniel

    Apologies! I must have overlooked your reply.

    Sorry, but my schedule is pretty full at the moment.

    in reply to: filter with second dropdown list #330967
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    Yes, very possible to code up. Here’s one example of a custom search extension I was commisiond to develop. The top three drop downs are of three different parent categories, the list shows their children. The zip code leverages the internal radius search support in Connections. The last is just the simple keyword search field that comes with most templates, just restyled.

    There’s nothing point and click available but all the underlying code support is in place and robust. If you know PHP, putting something like this together is not all that difficult. The example I linked to, I spent far, far, more time doing the javascript for the geo-autocomplete and styling that I did with the base PHP code.

    That said… this is not something that I can just give you a few little code snippets either. I can not recall what template you’re using, but if you open the code, you’ll see the function that creates a category drop down. My code in Connections is heavily documented, that documentation gives all you need to know how to create category drop downs displaying different category choices.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,631 through 8,640 (of 15,332 total)