“What is Link”, you ask?
Link is the answer to the very often requested feature of being able to link a registered user on your site to an entry in Connection and then allowing that user to edit their entry with or without it being moderated.
Is there any setup involved? Link was designed to be plug and play requiring only minimal configuration which only takes a minute or two to complete. After installation and configuration your registered users will be able to add and edit their own entry in Connections with or without admin moderation.
Fantastic! but I already setup entries in Connections for each of my users and I’ve been maintaining their entries, how do I link those?
I’m glad you asked. Link has a feature called “link on login”. What this does do? When a user logs in, Link will search the entries in Connections for a matching email address, if one is found, Link will link that user to that entry and from that point on, that user will be able to edit that entry.
- Plug and play with minimal configuration.
- User submission moderation.
- Seamless integration with Form for front-end editing support.
- Full support for the Connections Custom Fields and Metabox API.
- Translation ready.
- Connections 0.8.14 or newer is required.
- WordPress 3.5 or newer is required.
- I18N: Add Spanish (Spanish) translation.
- BUG: Fixed undefined index notice during AJAX requests.
- BUG: Add missing form ID so jQuery Validate runs on the form.
- BUG: Fix incorrect text domain.
- FEATURE: Improve responsive readiness of the admin form.
- BUG: Add page hook `profile_page_connections_link` to the valid Connections edit pages.
- FEATURE: Front-end editing of user linked entry when Form is installed an active.
- FEATURE: Action list item to \"View My Directory Entry\".
- FEATURE: Entry action to \"Add My Directory Entry\" or \"Edit My Directory Entry\". Link will resolve to the Link profile admin page unless Form is installed and active.
- FEATURE: Add \"View My Directory Entry\" link to the admin bar.
- I18N: Make translation ready.
- I18N: Add POT file.
- BUG: Check for DOING_AJAX to prevent PHP notices from potentially interfering with AJAX requests.
- TWEAK: Provide better backward compatibility with previous versions of Link.
- TWEAK: Users are no longer marked that they were checked. Now, the user will be checked on every login for a matching email address if the the user is not linked to a an entry.
- TWEAK: Increase link on login action priority so it runs before membership plugins redirect the user login.
- BUG: Add action to remove user ID from the Connections table when the user is deleted.
- OTHER: Remove unused code.
- BUG: Fixed scenario where entry data duplication may occur.
- BUG: Remove deprecated admin node menu item.
- BUG: Move admin bar init to the plugin init method because the edit my directory entry menu was not showing on the front end of the site.
- Initial Release