BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,311 through 8,320 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Possible to rename form fieldsets? #335448
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robert

    Thanks!

    Using the Say What? plugin is the way to do it. I just tested it again to make sure a bug was not introduced and it does work fine. Here’s the settings I used when adding it to Say What?:

    Original string: Notes
    Text domain: connections
    New string: Details

    I can only think of one instance where this would not work. That would be if you are using an older version for Form. Which version do you have installed?

    in reply to: View All Link #335422
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dedra

    The URL should point to the page that it is on instead of the directory home page. I’ve located and fixed the bug so it’ll be addressed in the next bug fix release.

    The link can be removed too, the settings can be found on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Display tab.

    Apologies for the trouble! Hope that helps.

    in reply to: New addons & my original purchase #335414
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    in reply to: Images missing #335194
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ matt581

    Great to hear this is all but sorted!

    What I’m not entire clear on… the View All link. Do you want the link or do you not want the link? It can be turned off in the settings on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Display tab.

    If the presentation is the issue… The presentation is correct. It simply displays the names of the entries within the directory. The appearance of those names do appear “odd” because the theme has the style of the page content to be justified. To left align the names, add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-names {
      text-align: left;
    }
    

    That should make it much more readable.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Images missing #335183
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ matt581

    I was just thinking, I wonder if it was working fine before the 8.2.5 update for you? In that update, there was a bug fix in the template override file loader code.

    in reply to: Images missing #335178
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ matt581

    I see from the screenshot that you do have 4.1, but you never deleted version 1.0.1. This must be done as mentioned in the installation/update instructions. Those legacy file are being utilized instead of the current version which is why the images and the category drop down art not showing.

    This path to the old changelog is one of several ways I know the old files for the old version is not deleted and being used:

    http://potentialyou.com/wp-content/connections_templates/tile-plus/changelog.txt

    I highly recommend you move the images back to the legacy images folder. The path you listed above is incorrect, this is the legacy images folder path:

    http://potentialyou.com/wp-content/connection_images/

    If they are not in the legacy folder when Connections looks for them to move them into to new folder structure it will not be able to find them so they will not get displayed.

    The new folder structure is:

    http://potentialyou.com/wp-content/uploads/connections-images/{entry-slug}

    in reply to: Images missing #335121
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ matt581

    I just went to your site so I could see the issue… You have version 1.0.1 of the template installed. This uses code that hasn’t been supported for quite awhile now. Specifically the way the images and category drop down are implemented. The current version is 4.1, you can download it from your purchase history. The wat template are installed and managed has changed a lot since those days, please carefully follow the installation/update instructions.

    After you update, the image should show:

    http://potentialyou.com/wp-content/uploads/connections-images/rolf-backenecker-therapiehaus-trilomed-ag-2/Rolf_Backenecker_original.jpg

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Multiple Forms and Custom Fieldsets #335005
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    I have replied to every question you had…

    I answered the other support topics, here and here… there are no issue they seems like a usage questions to me… other the trouble you had with the shortcode which it seems you have resolved.

    I also replied to your email the other day. Here are my replies to the email in case you did not receive it. It seems you have some unknown issue with the Login extension, showing alternative forms… there are none, like i state below, just the standard login form. Honestly, I’m not sure I even understand what you are asking about in that instance.

    re: Having enabled a sidebar, placed the [connections-login] shortcode in the page and supposedly installed a widget in the enabled sidebar for the Community Directory page, I am still going directly to the directory with no login form coming up.

    If you go directory to the Community Directory page while logged in you will not see the login form because you are already logged in. Same for the widget, it will not display if you are logged in. I didn’t see any pages on the test site which had a sidebar. Perhaps you need to set the theme template page to one which has a sidebar??? This would be a function of the them, not the login widget.

    re: In addition to just getting the thing running, how do I specify one of the alternative login forms?

    Alternative login form? there is no alternative login form. This only outputs the standard WordPress login form by calling the same exact function WordPress calls to show the login form.

    re: What is the procedure for implementing usernames (I suppose that is Entry ID)?

    User names are created when you create a new user. This is not specific to Connections, to have access to your site, you have to add users, WordPress will not let you create a user without a username and email.

    re: Perhaps all of this can be avoided if you can point me to concise documentation for the tool.

    Sorry, there really is not documentation. All the plugin does is output the login form provided by WordPress. The only things this plugin actually adds is an simple shortcode and widget to show it. So besides adding a widget to a sidebar or putting a or shortcode in a page, there is nothing to document. If you have suggestion, I’m very open to hearing them! Anything I can provide to make it easier for everyone is very welcomed.

    re: I have imported, mapped all of my four search fields to Categories, the resulting categories list includes one each for all unique combinations of the values in each of my primary four categories — member status, interests, willing to serve, and neighborhood

    Please read the “How do I import categories?” FAQ on the CSV Import page.

    Looking at the screenshot… The source CSV file had the categories separated with semicolons rather than the required commas.

    Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to delete the entries and categories and redo the import.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    Categories do support the hierarchical structure required for this. They also support an unlimited number of children categories. You would add your four parent categories and then add as many children categories as you wish. Each child category can also have its own children. Technically there is no limit to the child category depth although practically it really does not make sense to have more than a few levels deep.

    To filter by these categories, you would need a template which filters by category such as cMap. Any of the templates, which is most of them, which has a category drop down will do. Now, if you want multiple category search, like this site employs that would require custom development, a service which I do provide.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,311 through 8,320 (of 15,332 total)