BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,321 through 8,330 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Market #334997
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mel

    I’m guessing here since Market does not have login link and they is not one shown in Connections that you are using the Login extension and that you added the [connections_login] shortcode to the same page as the [connections] shortcode to.

    Is that correct?

    If that is, remove the [connections_login] from the page and the login form will be removed.

    Does that help?

    in reply to: Form is not submitting #334969
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ melisa

    From what I can tell, you are testing while logged in and logged in as the admin. While logged in, especially as the admin, you will not receive any notification and submissions will not go to the mod queue.

    The reason… submitting with Form is no different than when adding an entry in the admin. If you as the admin add an entry, you know you added the entry so you will not receive an email notice. Similarly when adding an entry as an admin, the entry will not be added to the mod queue because you as the admin do not need to moderate your own submissions.

    What you should do is create a test user account with the subscriber role. After you create a test user go to the Connections : Roles admin page and make sure the Subscriber role has the Add Moderated capability. To keep things simple for testing, do not add any other capabilities.

    Now, go to the Form settings and triple check the email addresses entered for notifications. I seen many times a simple typo was the cause of failed emails.

    Important… log out as admin and now log in as the test user.

    Navigate to the Form page. Submit an new entry. When adding a new entry make sure to use a different email address than the one you added for the email notifications for the admin as some web hosts will block emails where the to and from addresses are the same.

    After you have submitted a new entry, you should receive a submission confirmation email to the address you used when adding the entry and the admin should receive an email stating an entry is in the mod queue.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Duplicate List #334966
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kevin

    Multiple short attributes are added to the same Connections shortcode. You do not add the Connections shortcode to the page multiple times with different attributes.

    What you need to do is move all the shortcode option to a single instance of the shortcode. You would only have the shortcode on the page once.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Clickable map? #334965
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kelly

    Actually I am actively working on such a solution. It is something I get asked about fairly frequently. You can read more about my progress here:

    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/map-view/#post-333908

    in reply to: Error in the plugin #334964
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pavel

    I just added a FAQ about this. Basically it is the same info.

    in reply to: Error in the plugin #334962
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pavel

    The open_basedir issue is being caused by your web host’s configuration. The solution I gave in this post will fix the issue. The specific file you’ll need to delete is: ../wp-content/plugins/connections/templates/~README.txt/ It is just a simple text file so it is safe to delete. More details here and here. Hope that helps.

    in reply to: Implementation of Tiles-Plus??? #334961
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    I know you found the issue, but I’ll still answer all the original questions as those answers may answers other questions…

    re: I have entered what seems to be the minimal short codes on the necessary page (see community page edit) yet I get only the basic directory list (see directory page).

    The absolute minimal shortcode required is [connections] as discussed in step 4 of the quick start.

    To use a template, the minimal that needs done is install it and then activate it on the Connections : Templates admin page which is covered in the installing a template doc page.

    One thing I noticed from the one screenshot… you should add all options to a single instance of the shortcode, do not add multiple [connections] shortcodes to the page. Do that will only insert the director on the page once for each time the shortcode exists on the page.

    re: Furthermore, I am unable to determine the category structure limitations and search capabilities from any of the material I’ve read. … re: I’m still looking for the category limitation/capabilities documentation.

    Not sure I really understand… what do you mean by category structure limitations? Categories can be hierarchical but can not have duplicate category slug under the same parent category, just like WordPress categories. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean a method to limit which categories are displayed in the drop down Tile Plus? If that is what you are asking, there’s the exclude_category shorcode option.

    I hope this as well as the link to further documentation help. Please let me know.

    in reply to: FORM not sending Email Notifications #334824
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rick

    Great to hear you found a solution… Those items are actually already on my feature request list. The difference highlight would be very difficult since, presently, old versions are not kept. Basically this would require a significant change to how entry data is saved/deleted.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sean

    Currently there is not a product available for this, it is being worked on. See this thread for me details:

    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/map-view/#post-333908

    in reply to: Sort by Catergory? #334746
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chuck

    You can not sort by category, but you can filter by category. You would need a template which supports this such as cMap. Any template which has a category drop down would allow you to filter by category.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,321 through 8,330 (of 15,332 total)