BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,611 through 7,620 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Can't upload logo image #345081
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Stephane

    What browser and version are you uploading an image with?

    What are both the upload_max_filesize and post_max_size values?

    in reply to: ROT 13 #345079
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ LM

    Sounds like you have the Contact extension installed and activated. This extension, by design, removes the display of the addresses. If you need the email addresses to show, I suggest deactivating Contact.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Recurring Search in Categorical Listing #345078
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    Oh, I did login real quick… that changes I made to make it work, they were somehow reverted back to the original code…

    The only other time I seen this happen all by itself was when the user had a script which automatically pulled the released versions of plugins on a schedule. They did this to help ensure that plugin files were not being altered from their original state. Perhaps you have something like this running too???

    in reply to: Recurring Search in Categorical Listing #345068
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    re: if I update the class.template.part.php file with the code from Github, should it correct the issue regarding the form action for the time being?

    No, because I have not pushed the change to Github. I’ll be working on pushing out the update in about an hour after that point you’ll be able to do the update or pull the change from the master branch in Github (master branch is always the current released version.

    in reply to: Sharing data on a WP multisite #345063
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ken

    The constant is defined incorrectly. The name is CN_MULTISITE_ENABLED and defined like this:

    define( 'CN_MULTISITE_ENABLED', FALSE );
    

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Can't Find First Name #345043
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Charles

    Good to hear!

    in reply to: eMail Not showing up. #344992
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Adam

    I see you purchased the Contact extension… it you have that extension installed and active, it will ihe the email addresses regardless of any other settings.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Move Website Above Social Links #344990
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Erik

    Sorry, no, there is not an easy way. I assume you are using the Default Entry Card template, yes? If so, then I agree, it should be at the bottom. I made the tweak and it’ll be in the next bugfix release which I am planning to push out before the end of my day.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Not able to select "Templates" in left-side bar #344844
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mark

    Thanks, I’ll take a look at this on Monday.

    Of, note… When I was commenting out the code using the WordPress plugin editor, the same would happen to me. But after a minute or two the site would come back on its own. It is curious that using the WordPress plugin editor (which has nothing to do with Connections) would cause the same issue.

    Could you try something? It is possible that the memory allocated to PHP is being exhausted and that could be the root cause of the issue. Normally this results in the “white screen of death” or a memory exceeded error and not a server error. But I did notice that you are running a Windows server so the error results could be different. Can you try increasing this to 256M. That should be way more than enough.

    in reply to: Formatting Modifications #344843
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bob

    re: Unfortunately, when you write, “Here’s a some CSS you can add to the theme’s custom CSS area which will reduce the font size of the entry name,” you have overestimated the technical abilities of this user. Into what specific file is the code to be entered and how do I find where in the file it is to go?

    Apologies!

    You do not need to edit any files… add the CSS to the theme’s custom CSS area. Most themes have these. There is no way I can answer where this is because that really depends on the theme. If your theme does not have a custom CSS area, then I recommend using the Custom CSS plugin to add custom CSS.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,611 through 7,620 (of 15,332 total)