BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,811 through 6,820 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: How to update to cMap 5.0? #357606
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    I’ve corrected the error with your account. Your will now see you purchase history and access your downloads which includes the updated cMap. Apologies for the trouble!

    in reply to: Spinning Update arrows #357605
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    No problem! I’m going to add a FAQ to cover this topic so if anyone else runs into it they’ll know exactly how to fix it.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    re: Thomas

    If you are migrating an entire site, I recommend BackupBuddy. Similar plugin should work just fine.

    If you want to migrate just the Connections stuff, that is a bit more difficult but not that difficult… here’s how:

    First, copy the ../wp-content/uploads/connections-images/ folder and its contents from the source site to the destination site.

    Login into the phpMyAdmin for the source site and do a SQL export of all the {prefix}_connections tables. There’s roughly a dozen of them. When doing the export, just choose the quick export option (or whatever it is called). No need to change any of the default setting when doing the SQL export.

    Login to the phpMyAdmin for the destination site.

    First, since you already have Connections installed on the destination site, drop (delete) all of the {prefix}_connections tables.

    Now do a SQL import. When doing the SQL import, select the file you previously exported. Again, just leave the default options.

    After the import completes, you’ll have to change the table {prefix} to match the table prefix being used in the destination site.

    Sounds like a lot but depending on the size of you directory, it only takes 10–20 minutes.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Spinning Update arrows #357584
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    The support license was activated for eabody2016.pairsite.com not on the site you were attempting to update it on. I deactivate the other site and activated your license on this site. After doing so, the update worked. You should see that an update is available, but you should not see a update link. There must be a bug I need to track down and fix.

    in reply to: Simple questions about this plug in … #357573
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ alokem

    re: I have a CSV file with data with custom column names.
    Can I add these to the field list?

    No, you can only import into fields supported by Connections unless you write an extension for Connections to support your custom fields.

    re: Can I not use the fields that are on your “templates”?

    Sorry, not I’m not sure what you are asking.

    re: How do I not show them on a Search result?

    All the templates sold on this site support search.

    re: In essence – how do I map the custom fields to your fields list and show them in a Search result?

    Presently Connections does not support the searching of customfields.

    re: Can I do Search on multiple fields?

    Yes, the templates sold here will search all fields configured to search on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Search tab. Each of the fields selected will be search by the keyword search feature of the templates. All the template also support filtering the results by category too. So you can use keyword search within a filtered category.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Profile Page Formatting #357540
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brett

    Please update to 8.5.6, released just today. It reverts a CSS tweak that was designed to prevent theme from inadvertently hiding Connections but unfortunately hard negative effects for some.

    Hope that helps, let me know!

    in reply to: Question about front end editing and user roles #357522
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    USER 1 and 2 are easy, they should have the exact same capabilities assigned, all of them.

    OTHER USERS should have only the add entry, edit entry, view public and view private (optional) capabilities assigned.

    You mention having Form installed, but not Link. In order to allow users to edit their own entry, you need the Link extension.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

    in reply to: remove form fields #357520
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Amanda

    On the Connections : Settings admin page, there is a Form tab. On here you can disable and rearrange the fieldsets. What I mean by fieldset will hopefully be clear after you see the settings. To hide a specific field within a fieldset that you need displayed, the only option you have is to use CSS.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: "ERROR: Entry could not be added." #357519
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    WordPress 4.4 altered a way it handled a specific value when inserting data into the database. I have to release an update to take that change into account. I plan on releasing it later today. Apologies for the trouble!

    in reply to: Error: Entry could not be added #357518
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    WordPress altered a way it handled a specific value when inserting data into the database. I have to release an update to take that change into account. I plan on releasing it later today. Apologies for the trouble!

Viewing 10 posts - 6,811 through 6,820 (of 15,332 total)