Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
KeymasterWordPress altered a way it handled a specific value when inserting data into the database. I have to release an update to take that change into account. I plan on releasing it later today. Apologies for the trouble!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Amanda
WordPress altered a way it handled a specific value when inserting data into the database. I have to release an update to take that change into account. I plan on releasing it later today. Apologies for the trouble!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ coco
I suspect you updated to WordPress 4.4 yesterday… WordPress altered a way it handled a specific value when inserting data into the database. I have to release an update to take that change into account. I plan on releasing it later today. Apologies for the trouble!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Drew
re: Setting a value for parent_category doesn’t seem to do anything for me.
Right, it wouldn’t. Sorry I was not more clear… I added this option yesterday in response to your question.
re: It sounds like this is the functionality I’m looking for though.
I can email you a copy of Form which has this new option if you would like to test it out. Let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Meg
re: Given that, I’m expecting that the folder is should move to plugins is ../wp-content/plugins/templates/profile/ — is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jordi
The issue is very likely because the shortcode has errors in it. WordPress has been tightening up its shortcode API. It is less tolerant of errors which make it more secure.
Your shortcode is using fancy quotes. See how they have a slight slight in your screenshot? The WordPress shortcode parser does not support fancy quotes. It only supports straight quotes. The fancy quotes are nearly always the result of copy/pasting from a web page and pasting into the WP Visual editor. The fancy quotes will not be pasted into the WP Text editor.
That said, the shortcode should look like this (example):
`[connections initial_results='true' card_width=640 category_width=650 page_limit=36 pagination_position='after' show_birthday='false' show_note='true']
Notice how the quotes are straight down, no slant. The straight quotes is the keyboard key right next to the enter/return key on the keyboard… the one you would normally use when typing a single quote.
To fix it, edit the page with the shortcode. Click the Text tab. change all the fancy quotes to straight quotes. Additionally, remove any HTML tags that is in and around the shortcode. Those hidden HTML tags are also pasted when copying from a web page. These too will prevent the WP shortcode parser from correctly processing the shortcode.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Drew
Sorry, but that would still require making changes to the PHP files for Form. I took a look at my code and I was able to make the necessary changes easier than I thought. Using the shortcode you would define the category parent to show like this:
[connections_form parent_category='n']n would be the parent category ID of the children that should be displayed as options. Does that should like it would work for you?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Drew
Sorry, but there is really no way to do this short of editing the core PHP files for Form.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Laura
Sorry, no, Link will not add a new entry when a new user is added. It will however let the user add their entry. The reason being is that WP only requires a username and password and Connections requires a first/last name for an individual or org org name for an organization. I do have this as a feature request for link but to support it those fields would have to be added to the registration form and marked are required.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Suzanne
re: You are extremely helpful.
Thanks! If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
re: What else do you sell for WordPress?
Nothing else actually.
-
AuthorPosts
