BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,831 through 6,840 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Spinning Update arrows #357314
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    Could I get a temp admin account so I can take a look? Login details can be posted here as a private reply.

    in reply to: Public or Private Option For New Subscribers #357313
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebecca

    Thanks for the feedback! Where would you have liked to see that so it so it would have been more clear? I think it is a good tip and a best practice to always test while logged out too when you are working with content that is to be visible to depending on if the user is logged in or not. Personally, when I’m testing, I keep a private browser window open where I’m not logged in beside a window where I am logged in so I can see both at one.

    in reply to: Spinning Update arrows #357309
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    Hmmm… could be a connection issue. Is this happening on a live or dev site?

    in reply to: Customize button won't work #357308
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    Thanks! sorry about not being able to do more in this case!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/connections/

    in reply to: Search box #357306
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sudheer Hakkim

    Please do not open multiple support tickets for the same question. It only makes providing support take longer because it takes additional time to sort out the the issue and provide a solution. Thanks!

    I answered you question in the other post.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Search box #357304
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sudheer Hakkim

    You can find detailed instructions here in the docs for for Gridder.

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/gridder/#Enable_Search

    Hope that helps!

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Steven Zahm. Reason: Correct the link to the doc page
    in reply to: listings displaying incorrectly #357233
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Meg

    Ok, then you are seeing exactly what you should be seeing… like I’ve been saying, this is the new single entry view for the template. The list view, the one you want on your single view is only visible when viewing the list of entries in that template. See, this:

    http://tcvermont.com/person/

    This is the list view of that template. When you click an entry name, you are now seeing the new single entry view of the template.

    What you can do is go back to the Template Customizer click and entry name so you see the single entry preview. Now go to the Image settings panel in the customizer and you can change the image size and crop settings to match the list view of the template. You can also change the other settings available for the single entry view to better match the list view. The one item you will not be able to change is the image alignment. The list view, that is left on the single entry that is right. What you can try is deleting the ../wp-content/plugins/templates/card/card-single.php file. The template will fall back to the list view template file. You should end up with what it looked like before as long as you change the settings for the single entry view in the customizer like I said. What I can tell you for sure is if there will be any other side effects from deleting the file. What I can tell you is that you will have to delete this file every time you update Connections. To make the deletion permanent, you could move the ..wp-content/plugins/connections/templates/card/ folder to the ..wp-content/plugins/ folder. Then activate it like you would any other plugin. Now any changes you make to the template will be update safe including deleting the single entry view template file.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

    in reply to: listings displaying incorrectly #357231
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Meg

    Ok thanks, that answers the one question… what about the other question I asked?

    Is that screenshot of the list view or the new single view? Put another way, did you click thru to the single entry view when in the Template Customizer?

    in reply to: Customize button won't work #357228
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    Unfortunately it seems their frontend editor overlay seems to take over the core WP Customizer API (or blocks its usage) which is what Connections uses for its Template Customizer. I highly doubt there’s anything I can do about this because this really isn’t “stock” WP. You’ll have to ask Sharefaith support if there is a way to get back to the core WP Customizer rather than using their frontend editor overlay. I do have the feeling since they are a managed WP service there is not going to be a way to do this. I imagine you’re going to run across other such limitations since core WP is slowing moving towards using the Customizer as the definite way to customize a site.

    Luckily, much of what can be done using the Template Customizer can also be done with shortcode options. See this section of the cMap doc page:

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/cmap/#Advanced

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Customize button won't work #357226
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    It can be posted here as a private reply.

Viewing 10 posts - 6,831 through 6,840 (of 15,332 total)