BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,841 through 6,850 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Customize button won't work #357224
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    re: The only thing I can think of is that this is a church website and we use sharefaith. Share Faith has some of its own over lays on top of the WordPress so I don’t know if this would affect anything.

    I suppose that is possible. It depends on how they may have altered WP to meet their needs. I’d need a temp WP admin login to take a look.

    in reply to: Customize button won't work #357222
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    Did you set the directory home page to the page with the [connections] shortcode on it?

    in reply to: Multisite white screen of death #357171
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Justin

    re: I am getting the white screen of death when I activate connections main plugin on one of my subsites in multisite.

    Is is running fine on other subsites? If it is, my first thought is that a theme or plugin installed and that particular subsite is causing a fatal PHP conflict. So, my first suggestion is to deactivate all other plugins on that sub site and then try activating Connections. Does that fix it? If yes, then Connections is having a fatal conflict with one of those deactivated plugins. Activate each one one at a time until you get the white screen. The last plugin activated is the one where the fatal conflict is. Let me know which one. If deactivating all the other plugins didn’t fix the white screen, then temporarily activate one of the default themes and then activate Connections. If that fixes it, then there is a fatal conflict with the theme. Let me know which.

    If the above does not resolve the issue, try increasing the memory allocated to PHP.

    Also, have you checked the PHP error logs? Perhaps there is something in there that could help narrow the issue down.

    Hope that helps! Let me know what you find out.

    in reply to: listings displaying incorrectly #356996
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Margaret

    re: I don’t see anything in my custom stylesheet that would move the image to the right… why would it, since I never wanted the image on the right?

    I never said anything in regards to custom CSS moving the image… just that I noticed custom CSS and that it would affect the settings applied using the Template Customizer.

    re: This is a link to a screen shot of what I see in the customizer window:

    1. Which template did you click the Customize button that you ended up with this preview?
    2. Is that screenshot of the list view or the new single view? Put another way, did you click thru to the single entry view when in the Template Customizer?

    The screenshot looks like it might be of the list view of the Profile Entry Card template which does not appear to the template activated. Additionally it looks like it would be of the list view not the single view. This is speculation because there is only so much I can gleen from a screenshot.

    re: Another thing that’s happening is that the list view, which is what is set to be used in the sidebar on the right, has a few instances where the names are on the same line.

    This is due to a CSS tweak that was added in the last update. A tweak was made to help prevent theme’s from inadvertently hiding Connections. Theme’s seem to love hiding the vcard class or defaulting all block level elements to either float or inline blocks. I have refined the tweak because it does seem to have caused issue like this a some users. This tweak will be in the next update. To apply it now, add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-list .vcard,
    #cn-list .vcard span {
        display: initial;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        border: none;
    }
    
    #cn-list div.vcard {
        display: block;
    }
    

    Note to self, original support thread is here.

    in reply to: Listing completely disappears with every update #356962
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Becky

    re: Okay, I will ask him for some examples and get back to you.

    Thanks! I like adding references that I can refer to when adding items to my feature request tracker.

    in reply to: listings displaying incorrectly #356959
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Meg

    The newer version of Connections added support for the Template Customizer and a single entry view to the Default Entry Card template. This new single entry view differs from the list view that use to be displayed when viewing a single entry. There is really no way to go back to the old way but you can use the Template Customizer to make changes. Here’s how…

    Go to the Connections : Templates admin page and click the Customize button for the Default Entry Card template.

    The Customizer will now load a on the left with a review on the right. By default the Customizer loads on the Display panel. You can view other template options by clicking the back arrow at the top of the Customizer.

    The list view and single view are configured separately, since your concern is the single entry view, click on any entry name in the template preview. The preview will now display the single entry. Any changes made will be applied to this view. After you are finished making changes, click the Save and Publish button.

    NOTE: I noticed you had some custom CSS applied in your theme for Connections. This will override settings applied by the Template Customizer.

    All this said… My comments above are because the Default Entry Card template seems to be the active template. But you mentioned “profile template”. What I said above applied to this template as well, but that does not appear to be the one being used on the site presently.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Long Directory #356955
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pete

    re: I see the cMaps template has a pagination feature. Is the pagination feature available to developers or do we need to buy the cMaps template?

    Yes, it is available to developers. The function can be found in the class.template-parts.php file. The name is pagination. I recommend hooking the display of pagination to the cn_action_list hook. You will also need to alter the ‘limitvalue in the 'cn_list_retrieve_atts filter.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: URGENT!!! Categories ARE NOT displaying correctly #356954
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Becky

    re: I understand that there may not be anyone under Health & Wellness by the initial “B” however, this will be confusing to others.

    Yes, this may be confusing. Connections does show a search message to inform the user what they are searching. This option is enabled by default. Perhaps it was deactivate inadvertently. To re-enable this, go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Display tab and then enable the Show Clear Search Message option.

    Now when a user performs a search, there will be a message displaying what they are searching to avoid any confusion. More importantly, there is a clear search button.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Listing completely disappears with every update #356953
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Becky

    re: Is it something I have done? Or is this what it is designed to do? If so, can this be changed?

    No, this is functioning as designed. When the edits are made, the user is shown a message that their entry is is under moderation. Connections does not store revisions so there is no way to display an old version.

    re: Based on my experience with
    other websites, I figured the Listing would simply remain in its
    un-updated form so that it at least it still would be visible,
    without interruption, to anyone visiting the site.

    If examples of this could be provided, I’d appreciate it because I am not familiar with any. The current system is based on how WP comments are handled… they not being visible when while under moderation which is a familiar and expected behavior in WordPress.

    re: I have the settings set where the category is not visible if it is empty, however every single time he would change something in his listing, the category would disappear and his listing would not show up at all until approved “again”. This is really quite bothersome.

    If you need the categories to be displayed, even while empty, then you only option is to allow them to be visible when empty.

    re: Should it not show all listings in the category once selected?

    Please do not cross post / post the same question multiple times? It makes making replies much longer because I need to figure out what’s what. I’ll reply to this inn the other thread.

    in reply to: Public or Private Option For New Subscribers #356951
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebecca

    re: Is there a way to display the Public/Private options in the Entry Form when a User is not logged in?

    Sorry, no, for a user to see those options, they must be logged in.

    re: I have the directory set to public override so that private information can only be viewed by members who log-in, but the general public can see everything else.

    From what I read so far… I suggest disabling this option as it is not needed under normal usage.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 6,841 through 6,850 (of 15,332 total)