BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,851 through 6,860 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    re: Steve

    The first/last name or org name are still required when doing imports, even updates. So, that said, any rows missing those fields will be skipped. I hope the have the updating feature a bit more fleshed out in the next major update to the CSV Import extension. Kinda why I do not advertise it as a feature because it is more of a tack on that incorporated.

    in reply to: excerpt template #356949
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ keith546

    To confirm… you downloaded the latest version from your purchase history and installed it? Did you delete the older version?

    Can you send me a screenshot of the Plugins admin page and the Connections : Templates admin page?

    Can you share your system info with me? You can do this on the Connections : Tools under the System Info Tab. Scroll to the bottom and generate a link to share with me.

    in reply to: Too Many Single Entries #356947
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Zach

    Ok, either the theme or one of the plugins must be change the default order of the filters WordPress applied to the page content. I had to make the filter which fixes the duplicate entries to be slightly more important. That seems to have fixed it for you.

    I’ve incorporate this tweak into the core plugin so it will be included in the next release so it’ll be safe to update.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Category Search Widget Displays Entire Directory #356946
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Carrie

    Oh, I see now…

    Question for you. Does that exact shortcode work fine on a regular page? Specifically, does the category drop down appear?

    Now, with that shortcode, the entire directory will be displayed. There is not a way to show just the category drop down in the sidebar which I think is what you are try to accomplish, correct?

    in reply to: Delete Photo in Tile Plus #356945
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Suzanne

    re: Actually, I did place the code in the text window. Not in the visual window. Can you provide the correct shortcode to delete the photo image for the tile plus template?

    Ok, then, please delete it and type it in manually. The one issue i see with the shortcode is the use of fancy quotes. See how they have a slight slight? The WordPress shortcode parser does not support fancy quotes, it only supports straight quotes. The fancy quotes are nearly always the results of copy/pasting into the visual text editor as they will not be pasted into the text editor.

    That said, the shortcode needs to be this:

    [connections image='none' image_fallback='none']

    Notice how the quotes are straight down, no slant. The straight quote is the key right next to the enter/return key on the keyboard… the one you would normally use when typing a single quote.

    When making this change, make sure to click the Text tab on the post editor and remove any HTML that may be in and around the shortcode too.

    Lastely… do you have the Connections plugin installed? That is required to be installed to use the templates.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

    in reply to: Awesome Install Directions #356939
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Suzanne

    The shortcode should be [connections].

    Does that fix the issue? I was expecting to see something different… not quite sure what, but something else…

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    No problem!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    re: That sort of defeats the CSV upload feature, I imagine, since editing existing records that way would not change the “old” cached values.

    Nope, because the CSV Import add/edits an entry the exact same way as when you add/edit an entry in the admin. So the caches will be refreshed.

    in reply to: Connections Category not listing #356858
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rob

    I missed in the shortcode you were using order_by='anniversary'. The “Director” did not have an anniversary date set so he would not be return as a result. I remove that option from the shortcode and now here appears. This was a bug that was in previous versions that was recently fixed when enabling support to order by the other date types. Apologies for the trouble.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Connections rewriting department link? #356851
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Julie

    Is the WPML CMS Nav plugin you are using to add the side navigation to the sidebar and breadcrumbs? Looking at the page source it does not appear that it is. Can I get a copy of the theme?

Viewing 10 posts - 6,851 through 6,860 (of 15,332 total)