BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,801 through 6,810 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Categories #357689
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pete

    re: The FAQ says to use the header “Category”. Should the csv Header be “Category” or “Categories”? I think you meant “Categories”.

    Thanks for letting me know, I’ll have to check and fix that next. Although the categories name does not really matter.

    re: I’m using the category slug “members” for each row and the import is creating a new category for each row of the spreadsheet. i.e.: members, members-2, members-3, etc.

    You can not use the category slug… you have to use the category name, exactly as you entered it in the admin otherwise a match will not be found so a new one will be created.

    As for the repeating, the only other, one, time I came across this was when the existing category seemed to have some unseen UTF8 characters. Editing the category, deleting the name and manually typing it in solved it.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: WordPress 4.4 CSV import not working #357688
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dalibor

    Deactivate Connections and Delete it and then reinstall it. That should fix it because I pushed an update without changing the version number so it will not show up as a new update. Reinstalling it should fix the issue because it contains the fix. I did not yet push an official update because I want a little more time to see if any other little compatibility issue popup.

    in reply to: Different forms for different categories #357684
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Drew

    I sent the email with the beta attached. Let me know if you do not receive it. I’m also interested in any feedback you may have on it. Thanks!

    in reply to: Search multiple categories #357680
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ash

    re: When you first helped me with the plugin last month, it looked like it was behaving the way I needed it to. But now it seems to have changed.

    No, this has not changed. When selecting multiple category from the drop down the results are that the entries must be in all selected categories. I tested this on your site and it works as expected.

    That said, I see you are now using the category widget. This is not going to be compatible with multiple category search. For example if you click a category link in the widget, the multiple category search is no longer going to work correctly. I believe it is this that is causing you the trouble that you have described.

    I’m going to assume you really want to have that category widget… here’s something I think that will work for you since you country categories are not ever likely to change or change very little. This will require a little work. Here’s what to do.

    Go to the WordPress Menus admin page (under Appearance) and click the Create New Menu link. Give the Menu a new name and click the Create Menu button.

    Click the Custom link menu item. In the URL box add:
    http://autism.securetransactionhost.com/local-resources/directory/?cn-cat=23

    In the Link text box add, Alger.

    Click the Add to Menu button.

    Do this for each county. The number at the end of the URL, that is the category ID which can be found on the Connections : Categories admin page. So, as you add counties, you would change the ID accordingly.

    As a test, just do a few.

    Save the menu and go to the Widgets admin page (under Appearance). There you will find a Custom Menu widget. Add that to the sidebar and select your new custom menu.

    Now when you click those links you should be able to still perform a multiple category search and it should work.

    Hope that helps, let me know!

    in reply to: Clickable image? #357679
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    re: users intuitively want to click on the image displayed with a listing to try to see a larger version of the image – because that is how images behave in WordPress generally. Is this possible to accomplish in the Slim Plus template?

    Sorry, no, the template would have to be edited in order to add such a feature. I’m guessing you’re looking for a lightbox type of effect, correct? The problem with adding this type of feature is that the images are reserved for associating a link. To see what I mean, edit an entry, add a new Link. When adding the link assign it to the photo. Save the entry. Now when clicking the entry photo, you will be taken to the link that was added.

    in reply to: Simple questions about this plug in … #357678
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ alokem

    re: You have some standard fields that show on the Templates. We do not need to show, use some of them. Can we hide these field (i.e. not update on dB and show on the webpage)?

    If you do not add data in those fields, they simply do not display. So no need to hide them.

    in reply to: Import CSV yields no records #357677
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Marc

    Great, thanks!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/connections/stats/

    in reply to: URGENT – forms not working #357676
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Amanda

    This is because you are caching the page with WP Super Cache. The nonce is one of the anti spam measures. These expire. If the nonce expires, it will fail validation. What you need to do is either set up the cache to refresh once 12 hours which is less than the time for the nonce expiration or exclude the Showguides page.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Import CSV yields no records #357626
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Marc

    It seems there were a couple other places I needed to make tweaks to be WP 4.4 compatible due to changes they made with how database inserts are processed.

    I applied a “hotfix” to Connections on your site and the import worked fine. Apologies for the trouble!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Thomas

    re: I’m sorry I don’t understand any of that. I don’t use phpmyadmin.

    phpMyAdmin is a tool in your web host control panel. There are many tutorials available which explain how to use it. A quick search yield this:

    In the Export step, you would select only the Connections tables. After you import you would renamed the table with the correct table prefix (matching the prefix of the other tables.

    re: Can I use filezilla?

    Only to copy the images from the source to the destination sites like I explained. You have to use phpMyAdmin to migrate just the Connections tables. There is no other way.

    If you are moving the entire site, like I said, you could use BackupBuddy or similar plugin.

Viewing 10 posts - 6,801 through 6,810 (of 15,332 total)