Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 10 months ago by trix.
08/28/2013 at 10:01 pm #268265trixGuest
i’d like to buy your Widget Pack, but am unclear about certain attributes.
i have some questions:
1. Category option, it says ‘hierarchical’, does this mean it’s a menu similar to that on the Market template or cMap? When it says it will take you to that category on the directory’s homepage, does a listing of all of the inputted cards matching that category follow?
2. Is it possible to divide the categories into sub-categories? For example, Can I have one category be the State and the sub-categories be the cities?
From what I can understand, this all takes place on one single page – the categories just create a method of ‘jumping’ right to the information without having to scroll through.
Do you have any examples (live sites preferred) where the Widget Pack is being used, specifically, the category and search widgets?
Thank you!09/09/2013 at 10:44 pm #268819Steven ZahmKeymaster
I would like to apologize for my delay in my reply as I was not receiving my notices for new support forum posts for about a week. Just reply notices to ones that were already started which is why I’m just now noticing.
I’ll try to answer the best I can.
1. It is menu that is very similar to the one shown in Market. The big different there are no radios because the form input is not needed for those category links.
2. If I follow… sorry no. The Category Widget will display a link to every category you create within Connections; there is not a way to limit the list to subcategories at this time. It’s on the to do list but I can not say when this will be implemented.
Yes, all the widget links will resolve to the page set as the directory home page. It’s more of a “filter” rather than a “jumping”, but yes, that’s correct.
I can’t think of any sites off the top of my head that I can give you a link to. I should post live links as examples. As I come across them, I’ll update the page. Sorry I could help with that.
I hope I answered all your questions thoroughly!09/21/2013 at 10:33 pm #269692trixGuest
And, also, accept my apologies for my delayed response – it’s been a crazy few weeks!
Thanks for the info.
I’m just wondering what you could suggest so that I would be able to customize the search according to individual cities and towns or if there’s a feature to implement that allows me to “search within 25km” or something like that?
I just don’t want to have to list ALL of the cities.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.