Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
10/23/2015 at 2:55 pm #35154310/23/2015 at 3:17 pm #351544
A few things come to mind…
- Another plugin has reset the WP roles and capabilities. s2Member is notorious for this.
- Another plugin is blocking admin access. Have you installed an security plugins lately?
- Or, the user roles were not assign the Add/Edit Entry capabilities on the Connections : Roles admin page.
- Go to the Connections : Roles admin page and check the Reset All Role Capabilities and then click the Update button. Then ensure your user roles have the Add/Edit Entry capability OR the Add/Edit Moderated Entry capability. Fixed? If not, do next step.
- Using s2Member or another membership, see this FAQ. Fixed? If not, do next step.
- Have a security plugin installed, check its options to see if it blocks admin access for users. If it does disable the option. If it does not, temporarily deactivate the plugin to see if the issue is resolved.
Hope that helps!10/23/2015 at 3:30 pm #351545
reset all capabilities… no joy
added that code snippet to my functions.php – is that sufficient or do i actually have to use that plugin?
deactivated ALL plugins except connections, connections link, connections cmap and s2member… and that didn’t help either
any other thoughts?10/23/2015 at 3:50 pm #351550
Ahhh… so you do have s2Member. Looks like they had an update recently. I’m guessing you updated it recently, yes? If so, that is the cause. Make sure you follow the instructions in the FAQ. Adding it to the theme’s functions.php file is not a good idea.
After you follow the FAQ… make sure to go back to the Connections : Roles admin page and reassign the role capabilities.10/23/2015 at 4:08 pm #351551
ok… i am pretty sure i’ve done everything as per instructions
still no luck
have cleared cache, have installed snippet plugin, activated, reset roles…
still no joy10/23/2015 at 4:47 pm #351552
If you give me a temp admin login, I’ll take a closer look.10/23/2015 at 4:51 pm #35155310/23/2015 at 4:51 pm #351554
and THANK YOU for such fast service…
it is very very appreciated.10/23/2015 at 4:58 pm #351555
I did not receive it… perhaps you could post it as a private reply?10/23/2015 at 5:03 pm #351558This reply has been marked as private.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.