Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
- This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mindy G.
04/23/2013 at 3:47 pm #257708Mindy GGuest
We installed Slim Plus. The SEARCH function won’t search. We have tried the following combinations and it still won’t search. The only search it completes is the Admin’s name whether the Admin is logged into the control panel or not :
1. enabling FULLTEXT Query Support and enabling LIKE Query Support at the same time
2. Disabling LIKE Query Support and enabling FULLTEXT Query Support at the same time
3. Enabling LIKE Query Support and disabling FULLTEXT Query Support at the same time
Any ideas? THANKS!!!04/24/2013 at 12:06 pm #257794
Can you share a link to your directory and grant me a temp admin account so I can take a closer look?04/24/2013 at 4:53 pm #257813Mindy GGuest
Steven, here’s the link you requested: http://ncjwhouston.org/join/directory/view/all/ I’m happy to grant you a temp admin acct but not sure how. I’m a true novice. Our web developer installed Connections and we are now on our own with a bare minimum of knowledge on how to proceed.
04/28/2013 at 8:11 am #258093
- So I need to add you as a new user. Right?
- To do that, it asks for your email address. Which is?
- Then I send you a username & password?
Yes, that would be correct. Just use any dummy email address. The real address does not matter because it’ll be a temp account that you can delete afterwards. You can send me the details using the contact form that is linked to at the very bottom of this page.04/28/2013 at 7:44 pm #258182Mindy GGuest
Here you go
DIRECTORY LINK: http://ncjwhouston.org/join/directory/view/all/
Thank you for your help!
Mindy04/28/2013 at 7:50 pm #258183Mindy GGuest
BTW, the category search function, next to the search box doesn’t work either, are they related? If I choose to, can I delete the category search without disturbing the category associated with a member’s profile?04/29/2013 at 3:50 pm #258237
I just logged in, search is working fine for me in the admin and on the directory page.04/29/2013 at 9:37 pm #258295Mindy GGuest
thank you Steven so what are we doing wrong? The admin works but when on the site, we select a category and a name in that category and still get “no results”.04/29/2013 at 9:42 pm #258296
I didn’t do anything. I just logged in typed a few names I saw in the directory in the search and it worked fine. Same when I selected a category. Can you give exact steps on what you’re doing and what the expected result should be?04/30/2013 at 11:55 am #258366Mindy GGuest
First off, thank you so much for your patience!!!
You know, perhaps it would be easier if you gave us step by step instructions?
In the meantime, OK,
1 FULLTEXT & LIKE query support are BOTH enabled
2. Login, screen comes up in VIEW ALL mode, no search box or category box on that page (web developer went to VIEW ALL mode as she couldn’t get the search function to work either, at least now the names could be seen)
3 Click on a name, it goes to that name
4 At that name, category box on left and search on right, first appears
5. Select a category from categories, ex: Show All Categories or Day Branch
6. Type name either in the search box from the categories drop down menu OR in the search box to the right.
7. “NO RESULTS” come up either way
8. “NO RESULTS” come up even if you match the name with the category
And finally, how do you get the category/branch to show up in the listing details so our members know to which branch the person they are looking for is a member? All other data appears but their branch/category.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.