Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
01/09/2013 at 1:52 pm #24883501/09/2013 at 5:06 pm #248854William WhiteParticipant
3. Can I add a couple of fields that then would be visible? I would like to add the year the playground opened as well as the designer/manufacturer of the playground. It would be great if the later could be linked.
I would really like to do something like the above as well. I’d like to add a couple of fields to be entered when adding an entry, and have them display on the front end.
I’d also like to change the word “Work” in the entry options (Work Phone, Work Address), with the word “Office”. However, the only place I’ve been able to try and find / replace this has been in the functions.php file for the cMap template, and even once I replaced each instance in that file of “Work” with “Office”, it still didn’t affect the output as desired.
(I’m sure the latter is a case where I’m just missing the proper references in the plugin / template files, but I just haven’t been able to track them down yet.)01/09/2013 at 6:12 pm #248856Kylie EnnsParticipant
5. If I want a subscriber to have the ability to add a new playground (that I moderate before it shows up), how does that work? I went to roles and clicked add entrymoderated to the subscriber. Now how do I provide the subscriber the form to fill out?
I too would like to know how to accomplish this…01/11/2013 at 4:08 pm #248943
Apologies for the delay. I’ll try to answer you questions point by point…
- The search field in cMap can only search the directory. Are you perhaps entering your search terms in the WP search?
- It is possible to show all the links if you don’t mind make an very small edit to cMap’s template.php file. Let me know and I can provide you with direction.
- Sorry, but Connections does not support custom fields at this time.
- Yes, you can embed videos. Here’s a link to a FAQ: How do I embed a YouTube or Vimeo video in the Bio or Notes field?
You can add image to both the bio and notes field too, but it is a little work. Probably the easiest way is to add the image to the WP Media Library and add it to an empty post. Click the edit “Text” tab and copy the HTML and paste it into the bio or note field. Just make sure to switch the field to the “Text” tab too or it will not work.
- Your best solution is to use Form. Using the Roles option will allow any subscriber to add/edit moderated or not any entry.
I hope this was helpful.01/11/2013 at 4:16 pm #248944
Sorry, but custom fields are not yet support by Connections.
Here’s a link a FAQ that explains how to change the labels: How do I use the str_***** shortcode options?
Here’s the entire list that works with cMap:
For good measure, you can find all the option available to customizing cMap here.01/11/2013 at 4:19 pm #24894501/12/2013 at 3:16 pm #248995MARA KAPLANParticipant
I would be interested in making a small edit to cMap’s template.php file. Please provide me very simple directions. I don’t have no experience using php files. Thanks!01/12/2013 at 10:12 pm #249006
Open the templates.php file found here:
Change these two lines:
Save the files and upload it saving over top of the original file. Pretty easy right?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.