Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
06/20/2015 at 7:05 am #338018
I have upgraded my ver of Connections Pro from Ver 8.2.8 to Ver 8.2.9.
Since then my listings do not display correctly.
If you look at this page http://www.tamborinemtncc.org.au/wedding-celebrants-on-tamborine-mountain/ you can see that certain images do not display and some buttons and the Bio text is not having the CSS properly applied (see screenshot also attached).
Can you see anything that would help me to get this right?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.06/20/2015 at 7:49 am #338036
I have some information supplied to me by my Host Flywheel, I have copied this below plus a screenshot that they sent me which may help.
After receiving this I have checked inside Connections Pro and have attached a screenshot of the listing for ‘Sheridan Bryant – Celebrant’ and where the images and CSS are in the top half of the HTML in the Bio section I can see characters that have been added assuming during the Connections Pro update.
Hope this helps.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.06/20/2015 at 7:55 am #338039
I have just removed the “\” slashes from the image HTML for the ‘Sheridan Bryant – Celebrant’ listing and the images now display ok.
It would appear that during the Connection Pro update some sort of error has occurred.
Ray06/20/2015 at 11:59 am #338049
The bio and notes fields did go under a complete overhaul in order to support oEmbed. Basically they are much more inline to how WP sanitizes and escapes page.post content.
I looked at the code again, before and after the change and I can not figure out why the
"are being slashed.
What I need is a temp admin account so I can log in and debug to locate the exact point that the slashes are being added. Once I know that, fixing it will be trivial.
My best guess at the moment is that HTML was saved slaed in the db in but that does not make sense because it wasn’t being unleashed in 8.2.8 and older.06/20/2015 at 5:58 pm #338057This reply has been marked as private.06/20/2015 at 7:34 pm #338063
I just tried to login and I get the error that the account has not yet been activated. I’m guessing you need to activate the account for me.
If you want, yes you can revert back to 8.2.8 and I can install 8.2.9 and debug on Monday AM.06/20/2015 at 11:26 pm #338069
Sorry to take so long to get back to you but it is Sunday here and I had family chores to do.
To take the pressure off I have restored the site to before the ver 8.2.9. update.
I have activated the user account that I sent you previously (forgot to do the activation, sorry) and tested it myself and it is now ready for use.
Please let me know how you go with your testing on Monday.
Ray06/22/2015 at 10:16 am #338109
Ok, I figured it out. The double-quotes (
") were saved slashed in the db. In 8.2.9, that unslashing is done before saving to the db (amongst other things that greatly improve performance). I had to add another filter, for backward compatibility, that would unslash them when being read from the db. The next update will include this tweak.
Another difference between 8.2.8 and 8.2.9 is that the
wpautp()was being run directly on the bio/notes content rather than using a filter in 8.2.9. It seems doing it this way, strips out “extra”
<br />tags that you have in the bio field. Since I’m trying to bring these fields into alignment with the WP page/post content for consistency, I’m not going to revert this change. I do not expect this to cause others any issues… That said, since this is added as a filter, what I did was install the Code Snippets plugin and added a new snippet which removes the
With these two changes in place the bio/notes output is consistent between 8.2.8 and 8.2.9.
Apologies for the trouble.06/22/2015 at 7:35 pm #338125
Many thanks for resolving these issues and so promptly. All looks good now.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.