Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Steven Zahm.
05/08/2013 at 12:54 pm #259224PaulGuest
I’m looking to create a dutch therapists directory. If I purchase ‘link’ will I be able to:
1. Set the entry fields to dutch? ( I don’t want any english showing up for subscribers during the entire proces).
2. Create custom fields?
3. Remove fields I don’t want?
4. Limit the amount of information a person can enter in their bio?
5. Create a login page using dutch wording? (I do not want link to automatically add pages to my menu in English).
6. Enable subscribers to delete their own pages? (not those of others)
I know it’s a lot to ask but if there is any way to get this done, that would be great.05/08/2013 at 4:25 pm #259260Steven ZahmKeymaster
1. Connections only has been partially translated into Dutch, roughly 54%. And none of Link has been or Form has been. If you would be willing to do the translation, this should not be an issue.
2. Sorry, but Connections does not currently support custom fields.
3. Form, depends on the fields, see this page for more details. Link, this is a user base setting only, not an admin system wide setting.
4. Sorry, there is no way to limit the bio field.
5. Connections and Link or Form do not have or create login pages.
6. Users can not delete, only admins. Users can only set their entry to Private or Unlisted.
I hope that helps!05/10/2013 at 6:45 am #259464PaulGuest
Thanks for the info,
I translated the first part of the mo po files into dutch. So if I translate all of it, users using link will see only dutch tekst? (I’ll also send you the entire dutch po mo file if this is the case).
Link, this is a user base setting only, not an admin system wide setting.
I’m sorry. My English isn’t great. Does this mean that users only get to use the fields that I as an admin allow them to fill in?05/10/2013 at 2:24 pm #259518Steven ZahmKeymaster
You will need to translate both Connections and Link so your users see only Dutch.
To translate Connections I recommend creating a free account at Transifex and do the translations there. After you have an account setup, you can request to be part of the Dutch translation team or you can send me your user name and I can add you.
To translate Link, you’ll have to send me the mo/po files.
I hope that helps.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.