Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
12/19/2018 at 10:19 am #479804Jean-Jacques LetotParticipant
After obtaining an access code at “Transifex”, I translated last weekend all the strings that remained to translate into French. I downloaded the translated file, changed its name to “connections-fr_FR.po”, compiled this one into “connections-fr_FR” .mo then by FTP I was copied these files to the place where the files language are found for “Connections” namely: “wp-content \ plugins \ connections \ languages”. Your documentation indicated to put them in “wp-content \ languages \ connections”, which I did too.
Many texts are now translated into French on my site both in the Wp-ADMIN part and the site by itself. However, there are still quite a few texts in English, which causes pages with English and French. I am attaching a file with screenshots of texts still in English. There may still be others, but I went through all the tabs. I did not check whether or not the English texts were in the “transifex” file. If my procedure was not right, thank you for notifying me. Otherwise, as soon as the missing English texts are found in the file of “Transifex”, thank you to inform me so that I make the translations. If necessary, the access code received yesterday is valid for eight days.
The attached file (with 25 screen copies) says 0K but apparently it opens in Word. The limit of 512K was exceeded, I was 3Mb.
Letot JJ12/19/2018 at 10:59 am #479806Jean-Jacques LetotParticipantThis reply has been marked as private.12/19/2018 at 2:14 pm #479811
@ Letot JJ
I tried downloading it a few times and it would not. I ended up renaming it to download.docx and then it would download. But, Word will not open it. Could try saving a new file and then zip it and load it to FTP. Let me know when it has been uploaded and I’ll go fetch it an take a look. I’ll try to correct any issues and have it in an update ready for this Friday.12/19/2018 at 4:55 pm #479825jjletotGuestThis reply has been marked as private.12/20/2018 at 10:27 am #479885
@ Letot JJ
RE: I sometimes have a problem when transferring FTP
Make sure the filename has not extended characters such as
çwhen uploading to FTP. Those characters can cause FTP file transfer issues. I was unable to download the file until I renamed it to remove those characters. I was then able to unrar the file and review it :)
Back on topic…
Install the Loco Translate WordPress plugin. Us it to translate the string in the extensions for Connections such as Form, Link and Authored. It is these addons which do not have a French translation. After you translate those plugins, please send me the PO files and I will include them so they are in all future updates. Thanks!12/20/2018 at 2:10 pm #479900jjletotGuest
I retransferred by FTP the files without bad characters in case you need it. I am the procedure that you sent from the Logo Translate plugin. If I have a problem, I will contact you again.12/20/2018 at 7:42 pm #479930jjletotGuestThis reply has been marked as private.12/21/2018 at 12:24 am #479935
RE: Why a different situation directories?
The way WP loads translations for plugins require them to be in their own folder. Each addon for Connections a plugin, so, each will have it own translation file.
When using Logo Translate to translate you have more options which is why some are in the
locofolder. You chose this folder when creating the translation.
Let me know when you are finished and which folders they are in and I will copy them from FTP.12/22/2018 at 5:46 am #479989jjletotGuest
I finished the translations of the plugins which had in the directory “languages” a file .pot. All .po and .mo files can be found in “wp-content / plugin /…/ languages”
I put in the www a file “Traductions manquantes de Connections” which contains plugins where there is no .pot file and, despite the translations made, the sentences that remained in English.
If you know how to put me in the good directories wp-content / plugin / … the .pot, I can continue the translations. Good day.12/26/2018 at 2:23 pm #480212
I’ve reviewed the last Word doc of untranslated strings…
- I’ll have to release an update to Enhanced Categories so it properly loads its translation files.
- I’ll have to release an update to Authored so it properly loads its translation files.
- I’ll have to release an update to Form which corrects the text domain being used for a few strings so they can properly be translated.
- The CSV Import addon is has not been properly prepped to be translated which is why it remains all in English. I’ll work an correcting this.
The first three items, I’ll get done ASAP. Updating CSV Import will take some time to happen.
- I’ve uploaded up an updated resource file to Transifex. This contains a few of the newest strings in Connections which still require a French translation. If you add those translations, I’ll make sure to include them in the next update.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.