The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
I’ve used the shortcode to show categories exclusively on their own pages (speed up load time) so I’d like to maintain the exact same categories upon import.
1. In the CSV, does the Category column require the slug for the category (eg. “automotive-rentals”) or the full name (eg. “Automotive Rentals”) in order to match the existing categories
2. Do I need to delete all the categories in Connections before importing (to avoid duplicate categories being created)? …or will it simply overwrite/maintain existing categories?
3. Do all fields need to be wrapped in single/double quotes? …or is simple comma separation okay.
Thanks in advance!
Hoping for a seamless import of several hundred entries.
1. The Category column needs the full name, not the slug.
2. No need to delete existing categories, if an existing category of the exact same name already exists, it will be used.
3. You can use either single or double quote as you can set that option before importing, though I recommend the usage of double quotes.
Hope that helps.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.