Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 1 month ago by Jo-Ann Hoye.
08/15/2013 at 10:59 am #267294Jo-Ann HoyeGuest
First, before my question I love how you are responsive to your clients — this alone made me want to install your plug in Connections! Thanks for being available and involved!
Ok, I would like to use the Connections plugin to have an exclusive group of people to be able to login and access this information. The outcome is the directory, however, is their anything in place that allows me as the Admin to have them to log in to complete the Link?
I have researched plugins for a minute and you have what I believe is very thorough and the ability to grow and expand the directory as the future develops the website! I love it!
Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter!08/15/2013 at 11:46 am #267304Steven ZahmKeymaster
Sorry, I’m not sure I follow… but I’ll try to answer.
The directory can be set to private, requiring the user to login before they can view it. But I don’t think that answers the question because you said “log in to complete the Link”. Are you asking if there is way way to can “force” registered WordPress users to login so their account is linked to an entry within Connections?
Thanks for your kind word, I do try hard.
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review. They do make a real difference. Many thanks in advance!
http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections08/16/2013 at 10:03 am #267382Jo-Ann HoyeGuest
Steve, I’m not a coder, but you made this EXTREMELY easy (truthfully, it took a moment, and it all worked out) I used myself as a test and its kinda nice for what I want in soo many different ways…
Ok, now here’s where I would request your expertise and recommendations to have this be simply in awe for this website.
1. Please talk me through how an individual signs up to use the recommended form “Links” to add their information to my website. I do understand from what you wrote above that there is a login that is possible.
– How do I as an administrator do this? I understand the “Roles” under the Connections dashboard. But need how to I let someone that I have approved come to my website to login to input their information?
2. How do I rank them in alpha order? and If I use the links function, does it do it for me automatically?
3. Is there a way to change one of the fields to another name? I am interested in gathering the name of the “Church” that they attend to show case that as well.
4. Now the question of esthetics – I have checked out your templates and I like the excerpt and c..(oops I forgot the name! LOL) I am sooo silly at times. I don’t have a lot of money, but would like to a minimum get something that looks nice and professional.
I know that I put a lot of questions before you, and I know that I will ultimately make the final decision to purchase your products. My website is first a blog, and then it is a membership only (based upon subscription to my blog) for different types of people…I have that all figured out…its just the login access for each different type of individual and that I maintain the public view of the blog…Thats what i need to be clear on how to maintain my blog for public view and then specialize pages for membership only.
Does any of that make sense? I truly hope so!
Thanks again for helping and where do I write the review? I didnt see anywhere to add my comments!
jo08/19/2013 at 4:34 pm #267533Steven ZahmKeymaster
Ok, I read thru this many times and I’m still not 100% sure I get it… I’ll do my best with the answers.
- Other users use a login redirect plugin to handle this. Install one of your choosing and set it up to redirect the user on login to go to the “Edit My Directory Entry” admin page.
- Connections output the list in alphabetical order by default. There is a shortcode option, order_by, that can be used to define the order you want.
- Install the Say What? plugin.
It’ll add a new Text Changes menu item. Click Add New, enter the string exactly as shown in Connections, enter connections as the domain and then enter your new text.
The great thing about using this plugin is that it will be update safe and you can use it on any other plugin that has been properly internationalized. Hope that helps.
- As far as the template goes, chose the design/functionality you like best. All the fields that are shown in cMap with the exception of map can be turned on in Excerpt Plus.
The review, you have to create an account, then there will be a place to input your review. Thanks!08/23/2013 at 7:21 pm #267971Jo-Ann HoyeGuest
You are Awesome! THanks for this information and I will be purchasing either Cmap of exerpt Plus soon!
I appreciate your time that you put into answering this question!
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.