Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by Chad Grant.
04/16/2013 at 3:53 pm #257277Chad GrantGuest
In IE, the alphabetic index links (cn-alphaindex) are not working. For example if you click on the letter ‘S’ at the top of the Entire directory it should take you to the to the first entry that begin with the letter ‘S’. In all the other browsers I have tested these links with it works fine.
This is the link to the entire directory page: http://www.goshennychamber.com/wordpress/?page_id=345
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.04/16/2013 at 9:19 pm #257292Steven ZahmKeymaster
Actually it is even working in IE. It just so happens, believe it or not, IE is the only browser working correctly. Let me explain.
The search input on the top right has the same name as the “S” in the directory. An ID for an inpage link can only occur once on a page. When there are more than one, which is technically invalid, the link should go to the first occurrence, which in your case is the search input.
Unfortunately there is not an easy solution unless you know how to edit your them and rename the search input. What I can and will do for the next update is prefix my inpage links for the character groups so this type of conflict is even less likely to occur.04/18/2013 at 4:58 am #257403Chad GrantGuest
Thanks. I really do appreciate it. I tried changing the input field i.d. and it had no effect. If I change the name it works however WordPress search stops working. I have not found a practical way to rename the WordPress search form input field.04/18/2013 at 2:57 pm #257443Steven ZahmKeymaster
Looks like IE still obeys the old way. It is interesting that it takes precedence over the new way. Unfortunately there really isn’t a fix that can be done easily. The good news, I I have prefixed the in page links and committed those changes last night so it will be fixed in 0.7.6.5 when hits, likely this weekend.04/19/2013 at 2:12 am #257464Chad GrantGuest
Thank you so much!
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.