Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
02/18/2019 at 6:28 pm #484935
As I have had ZERO success in getting my keys for Google maps, I now wish for the map option to be gone.
I cannot find anywhere in any of the settings to turn the map display option to OFF. I don’t want to argue with this thing anymore…. right keys, wrong keys, no keys, not a single one of my entries displayed a proper location so I’m just over it.
How do I make the little map triangle GO AWAY.02/18/2019 at 6:42 pm #484936
okay… not the little triangle thing , but “SHOW MAP” If I am not going to display a map, I don’t want the option there.02/19/2019 at 8:52 am #484996Steven ZahmKeymaster
If you remove the Google Maps keys from the settings, Connections will default using a OpenStreetMap (OSM) provider. The OSM geolocation (the process of converting an address to coordinates) is less than stellar. This is can be worked around though. Here’s how:
When adding/editing an entry. You will find a Geocode button for each address added to the entry. Click it. You can then drag and drop the marker to the correct location if it is not correct. Alternatively, you can search the address in Google Maps and copy/paste the latitude/longitude coordinates into the address fields.
This way you do not need to muck around with Google’s API keys.
To answer your question, here;’s how to turn off the display.
- Navigate to the Connections : Templates admin page, click the Customize button for cMap.
- The page will reload with the Customizer on the left and a preview on the right.
- Click the Back arrow in the upper left of the Customizer and then click the Map panel.
- Uncheck the Enabled option.
- Important, do not skip … in the preview, click an entry name, any name, it does not matter which. The preview will refresh displaying the detail view of the template.
- Uncheck the Enabled option again.
- Why twice? Because the list view and detail view can be configured separately for flexibility.
- Click the Publish button and exit the Customizer.
NOTE: You must have the Directory home page set and publish with either the Directory block or shortcode as the page content.
Hope this helps!02/19/2019 at 9:16 am #484998
Yesssss :) Thank you Steven!02/19/2019 at 10:01 am #485005Steven ZahmKeymaster
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.