Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
11/25/2013 at 11:43 am #27428211/25/2013 at 4:38 pm #274299
connections_templatesfolder is only there to support legacy templates, not for custom templates. Since templates are plugins, you need to put them in the
pluginsfolder. And for WP to recognize it as a plugin, the template needs to have the plugin header added. If you trying to make a custom template from one of the core templates you’ll need to change all class and function names and will as the
2. Make sure you are not copy/pasting option from the website. Delete the shortcode manually type the options and option values. Copy/pasting from the website will past in hidden HTML markup and/or fancy quotes neither of which the WP shortcode API supports when trying to parse the options.
3. If the user logged in with Link installed prior to have an entry in Connections, the user will not be linked. For example, user logins in, no match is found. The user is marked as being checked and will not be checked again. For testing. Create an entry in Connections, create a user, and then login as that user. Some membership plugins do break the linking process. Do you have any installed?
Hope that helps.11/26/2013 at 6:04 pm #274377ToddGuest
1. Was able to install template as a plugin. Connections still does not recognize the template in dashboard. Same error on the page. “Error: Template /template-name/ not found.”
2. Still inconsistent. No fix.
3. Needs more testing but appears to be working.11/28/2013 at 1:22 pm #274467
1. As an experiment. Can you delete the core template that you started with from the Connections templates folder? Also, if you post the code on pastbin or something, I’ll do a quick scan to see if I can see the issue.
2. Can you paste a few of the exact shortcodes you’re using here? And can you share the links to the pages they are used on so I can take a look?
3. If you still have issues, let me know. I have the next bugfix release nearly ready to go. One item that is addressed is making it a little more forgiving … I just hope not too forgiving when making matches. Currently it is very strict by design. This usually gives users trouble with testing even though in actual practice it’ll work just fine.12/02/2013 at 2:38 pm #274621MatGuest
1. Here is the template code http://pastebin.com/HzZtkTN512/02/2013 at 3:21 pm #274647MattGuest
1. I probably should mention we tried deleting the core template but that didn’t work.12/02/2013 at 3:40 pm #274648
One this I see… This line should be the following based on your code.
$template->part( array( 'tag' => 'card', 'type' => 'action', 'callback' => array( $this, 'smccard' ) ) );
You can remove this line:
'custom' => FALSE,
That value will set itself properly when activated as a plugin.
You said it activated fine without error as a plugin, yes?12/02/2013 at 4:34 pm #274655Todd BroadbentGuest
Yes, it was recognized as a plugin fine.
We made the code changes but it still doesn’t recognize the template.12/02/2013 at 8:02 pm #274675
Of, I see the template must be loading before Connections loads. To make sure the template loads after Connections, change this:
add_action( 'cn_register_template', array( 'CN_SMC_Card', 'register' ) );
add_action( 'plugins_loaded', array( 'CN_SMC_Card', 'register' ), 11 );
I just tried it out; with that change it works as expected.12/04/2013 at 10:04 am #274756Todd BroadbentGuest
That did it. Thanks for your help!! –Todd
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.