Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
05/28/2013 at 5:34 am #261029alphasystems gmbhParticipant
Hi there. I just bought the csv Import plugin and have several problems with it…
1. Character encoding. When importing a file, the character encoding is not correct. German Umlaute are not displayed correct.
2. The mapping is not saved… we have to import the addresses every four weeks. It would be much easier to do this with a saved mapping… and not do the mapping again and again. Is there a way to store the mapping for future use ?
3. Delete old records. The records need to be droped, before importing again. Otherwise, there’s a huge amount of duplicates.
4. How can pictures be mapped when importing ?
5. when importing contacts, they should be visible automatically… ?
6. is it possible to write an own importing script to import in your connections tables ?
05/29/2013 at 12:29 pm #261144
- This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by alphasystems gmbh.
1) The character encoding is handled correctly, it’s the browser that messes them up. I have a rough alpha version that skips the step after mapping I can give you.
2) Sorry, no. The mapping step needs to be generic in order to be able to handle the unknown input of the CSV file. Many of the column headers names can be auto mapped though. Do you have control over the CSV headers?
3) You could use phpMyAdmin or similar tool and empty the tables prior to import.
4) Sorry, no. I may investigate the possibility after Connections has been migrated to use the WP Media Library.
5) Yes. create a column in your CSV files named “Visibility”. Populate the column using
unlistedaccordingly. When importing, map the visibility column to Visibility.
6) Sure, I would recommend use the CSV Import as a base.10/09/2013 at 3:39 am #271026alphasystems gmbhGuest
thx for answering. I’ve still the problems written above. especially Number 1. is a major problem. You mentioned that you have a alpha (maybe meanwhile beta) version of the importer, which could handle this problem. I tried different browsers, all have the same problem…
Joern.10/09/2013 at 8:48 am #271038
I just emailed you a copy of the alpha version of the CSV Import. It is only alpha because it does not yet import IM and Social Media. You should not have any character encoding issues with this version.10/10/2013 at 11:55 pm #271181dbartGuest
Hi, I’m having just the same problem with spanish accents… Can I have this alpha version?
-David10/11/2013 at 11:38 am #271198
I just emailed you a copy of the alpha version of the CSV Import10/17/2013 at 4:54 pm #271763ytayar1Participant
Hello there, same here can you email me this alpha version please?
And just a quick question cause I didn’t find the answer, is it possible to rename a field or to add a new field? I need for example a fiel to be called “Certification”.
Thank you for the alpha version and thank you for your reply.10/18/2013 at 8:58 am #271808
Absolutely. Question. I have a newer version that now imports all fields including the social networks and IM but has not been as tested as the older version of the alpha. Would you be willing to give that version a shot?10/18/2013 at 9:05 am #271809ytayar1Participant
Sure! It means that if a field is in the csv but doesn’t exist in the connection plugin, it will create it?
Can you send it to me I will try straight away :)10/18/2013 at 2:01 pm #271826
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.