Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by Steven Zahm.
03/24/2013 at 10:52 am #254963MelGuest
I have various “connections” added on my site for each staff member of the company. Each staff member has a different email address added, as well as various job titles, etc.
However, when downloading (add to address book) the vcard file on each employee – each of them are the same? They are all downloading the same vcard – and not the correct information pertaining to the particular employee.
Please could you kindly advise me what the problem could be?
Thank you so much
great plugin :)03/25/2013 at 11:40 am #254993Steven ZahmKeymaster
I just tested a few sites that have Connections running on it including my text and live sites. I can re-produce this. The only thing I can think of, there was a bug with the “copy” feature that went undetected for a short period of time. It is possible that bug would have had this side effect on any entries that were copied when this bug was present. Did you happen to create the entries with the duplicate vCards using the “copy” feature? If you did, the only way you can really correct this is to recreate the problematic entries or if you’re comfortable you can fix it using phpMyAdmin or similar tool. The `slug` column needs to be using. The copy feature was copying that slug rather than creating a new one.03/25/2013 at 4:53 pm #255023MelGuest
Thank you so much for your reply. I did create the entries using the copy feature, and after reading your reply, I tested it – by hovering over the connection “link” (employee) – and the slug is the same for each one of them
I will create a new entry and test whether it works, and will post feedback
thank you for your time.
:-)03/25/2013 at 5:02 pm #255025MelGuest
Thank you Steve – I created a new entry and the vCard is correct.
How could I fix the slug in phpmyadmin? I am not familiar with this – but would like to explore this rather than re-entering all the entries?
Thank you so much03/25/2013 at 6:47 pm #255035Steven ZahmKeymaster
Log in to your web host control panel. Find the link to phpMyAdmin. If you’re on the typical shared host, it’ll be there. Find the database for your WordPress install. This will be the same info as found in the wp-config.php file. After you select the correct database, find the Connections table, which should be wp_connections. The “wp_” prefix could be anything else. This would also be defined in the wp-config.php file. After you find the correct table, you will be able to directly edit the Connections entries. Just click the edit link and change the “slug” to be unique which in most cases is the entry name in all lowercase with hyphens instead of spaces.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.