Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
03/15/2015 at 11:42 pm #322975
I love this plugin, and so does my client. Unfortunately it’s currently not working properly for us.
Here’s the link:
In Chrome, when I got to the page above, I get the “Aw, snap” something went wrong message.
In Firefox, however, it looks like it works, except that it’s displaying entries that I deleted previously — my client uploaded a bunch of entries before I trained him in on how to do it, and unfortunately I had to get rid of all of them.
I think there’s some data that’s perhaps caught in the SQL database that needs to be purged that may be causing this issue, but I honestly have no idea where to start with this one.
Thanks for your suggestions on what to do to troubleshoot this issue. I’ve already deleted it and reinstalled it several times, with no luck.03/16/2015 at 5:08 pm #323089
My best guess is the invalid web address that have been entered. I would try fixing that first.
As far as entries still appearing after deletion on the front end… if you have any type of page caching going on, whether that be via a plugin or server side, make sure you flush the page cache.
Let me know if that helps!03/16/2015 at 8:29 pm #323106
Interestingly, it was not the page cache that needed to be flushed to fix the problem.
As I suspected, the MySQL database hadn’t completely cleared the entries. Your diagnoses was correct, in that invalid web addresses likely caused the issue. My client accidentally loaded descriptions in the website link field.
Unfortunately, I did have to go directly into the database to clear all tables with “wp_connections” as the prefix. However, once I did that, the problem was resolved.
I’ll just warn him to be sure not to mismatch the fields in the future.
One last question though — what character should I use when uploading an entry that has multiple categories? Thanks!03/17/2015 at 11:55 am #323224
Good to hear you’ve got it sorted… I wonder exactly what was the issue that caused the db to become out of sync. Haven’t ever run across that before.
As for the categories… see this FAQ:
Hope that helps!03/18/2015 at 12:19 pm #323408
Thanks! I think the problem was by some very weird unicode characters that were exported from my client’s database.
Basically the unicode was being “mistaken” for comma characters, hence the misalignment of columns in the database. Funny problem. We’re simply not importing those columns that contain that data, and now it’s working fine.03/18/2015 at 12:27 pm #323409
That makes sense. It’s always best to make sure the CSV file is save UTF8 encoded so it can be dealt with properly.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.