Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
Tagged: 0.7.6.6, cMap, css, enable_map, str_note_head, str_note_hide, str_note_show
- This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by eseone.
05/24/2013 at 9:25 am #260849
I’m suing the cMap templaet which pretty much does what I want. I’ve modified the CSS to get the colors I wanted but there are some other issues which seem to be more programmatic.
1. The bios are displaying work phone, extension, cellphone, home phone and direct line. That is fine, but i want home phone to display last in the list.
2. I’d like to not have a Map at all. Either hidden or not. Just not be there at all.
3. For the Notes field, I’ve added which employees have keys to which building. So I’d like that to be open by default and labeled “Keys” not notes.
4. For birthday and anniversary, I’d like to NOT have a year displayed. Current or otherwise.
5. For anniversary, is it possible to show length of service?05/24/2013 at 9:49 am #260850
Also. One more issue. When I click on John Doe (in the widget or the contact list) it takes me to http://mysite/index.php/employees/contacts/name/john-doe/ in the URL bar, but the page is just my recent posts page.05/24/2013 at 1:28 pm #260857
1.) The phone numbers, all info actually, is presented in the same order that you entered it unless you imported via a CSV file. If you need the home number last, you need to edit the entry and drag the home phone number to the end of the list of phone numbers.
2.) Since you have cMap, you should take a look at the shortcode options page. It has over 60 options that can be set, one of which is to turn off the map. Add this to the shortcode:
3.) Sorry, but it can not be open by default, unless you edit the actual template PHP files. You can, however, change the strings by settings a couple shortcode options:
str_note_head='Keys' str_note_show='Keys Notes' str_note_hide='Keys Notes'
4.) Not possible at the moment, however, just last night I committed the changes to allow the date format to be set in the settings. This release will occur near the end of the month.
5.) Sorry, no, I’ve added it to my feature request.
6.) Are you running on a Windows server? You should set it up so index.php is not part of the permalink construct. Currently Connections is not compatible with that type of setup for URLs every other feature within Connections should work just fine.
I think that’s it … Did I miss anything?05/24/2013 at 1:41 pm #260858
1) Yep. I imported all the info as a CSV. So I need to just manually change all of them I guess.
2) That worked. Although I cannot get show_birthday=”false” to work. Is that an option?
3) That will work.
4) Looking forward to it.
5) Looking forward to this as well.
6) I believe we are using a Linux server, although I’m not sure.05/24/2013 at 2:21 pm #260860
Ok. I may need a bit more assistance on number 6. I have 3 or 4 pages worth of employees. If I hit “next” I get taken to my recent posts page. If I hit “view all” at the top I get taken to my recent posts page. The letters at the top of the page A-Z don’t take me anywhere.
So basically as long as I don’t need to view more than the first 20 employees I’m fine. But I cannot get to any of them after that. Although the search feature DOES work.05/24/2013 at 2:24 pm #260861
nevermind. figured it out.05/24/2013 at 2:46 pm #260862
1.) Sorry, yes. I made the decision to allow the user to decide the presentation order so there is no auto way of handling it.
2.) Sorry, no, that is not an option. The closest is
show_dates. I removed the invalid documentation for show_birthday and show_anniversary as those are legacy options that were available before the the Dates meta field was added and they were rolled in to it.05/24/2013 at 2:48 pm #260863
What was the solution?05/24/2013 at 3:48 pm #260864
I figured out what you meant by “You should set it up so index.php is not part of the permalink construct.” That fixed everything. So far anyway.
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.