Support has been upgraded!
The Support Forum is closed. Not to worry! Providing the top quality support you expect and we're known for will continue! We're not ending support, just changing where you submit requests. This will provide you with the best experience possible.
Have you purchased an addon for Connections such as one of our premium templates or extensions with a valid license and you need help?
Please open a Support Ticket in your user account.
Are you using the free Connections plugin? Don't worry, you are still very important to us! We are still providing you with the same high quality support that we're known for.
Please open a new support topic in the WordPress support forums for Connections.
Tagged: 8.6.4, cMap, configuration, template
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 11 months ago by Steven Zahm.
04/15/2017 at 9:45 am #420109Elizabeth McQuillanParticipant
I’m not IT person and have no knowledge of code, so please don’t shoot me down!
I’ve just purchased cMap. I already had the basic Connections directory in place, and manually made each page and placed the short code for categories in the pages (so far, so good). Since installing the cMap, it also now displays a ‘search’ option and a drop down menu of my categories next to the listings which is great. HOWEVER, if I use this option (ie drop down the menu to bring up the category ‘tradesmen & property’, it says ‘no results’ and there is no listing there. Likewise for the search. I’ve tried a few things with no success.
What am I doing wrong??! Any guidance much appreciated – http://www.linkedmagazine.co.uk (look under business directory)04/17/2017 at 10:16 am #420206Steven ZahmKeymaster
The issue is that you manually create separate pages for your categories. The nothing wrong with that per say, but… since you limit the list to a specific category the category filter is not going to work. Well it is working, but, because the list was limited to a specific category only that category will be displayed, thus the no results message.
You have two options…
- Remove all the individual pages and remove the category shortcode restriction on the directory home page.
- Or you can disable the category filter. This can be done like this:
- Navigate to the Connections : Templates admin page.
- Click the Customize button for cMap. The page will refresh with the Customizer on the left and a preview on the right.
- Click the back arrow on the upper left of the Customizer.
- Click the Category Select panel.
- Deselect the “Enable Category Filter” option.
- Click the Save and Publish button and exit the Customizer.
Hope that helps!
You cannot reply to this support topic. Please open your own support topic.