Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Gregg
First, edit the page where you inserted the
[connections]shortcode. Switch the post editor to the Text tab and remove any and all HTML tags that may be in and around the such code, specifically thepretag and save the page. That will most likely fix the display issue.Tip…
When copy/pasting from a web page, always, first switch to the the text tab. If you do not, any HTML tags that were copies will also be posted while in the visual post editor. This will always cause issues for you if you do not. This is not a Connections issue or bug, it is just how the post editor works.
To display entries in a custom order, please see the doc page for the order_by shortcode option.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Walt
I’m guessing you found the link to that site from this blog post, yes?
That site webmaster had commissioned me to develop that specifically to meet their requirements around multi-category search within a geographic radius. There’s nothing publically available to achieve that. They also, on their own, heavily modified the Names template (which comes with Connections) and the cMap template to achieve the overall look and function that they wanted. Basically, there is nothing on this site that is “stock”.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ boerup
As counter-intuitive as this may seem… it sounds like there is a fatal javascript on the page, likely being caused by another plugin or more like the theme in this case which only came to light when using Connections on this page.
To view these errors, load the page in Chrome, hit the F12 key and then click the Console tab.
Here will be listed all the errors on the page. Hover over the file name on the far right to see the path of the file causing the error. Most often the source of the error can be determined by the filename and file path.
If it is revealed that a script is the source of the error, then in most cases it is because a plugin or theme is improperly loading jQuery.
That’s the best guesses I have. You would have to share a link to the page with the issue for me to give you any more precise advice.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ boerup
The path is almost right. It should be:
../wp-content/themes/{mythemename}/connections-templates/slim-plus/Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dotty
By this weekend.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Karl
The only iDevice I have presently is an iPad. Well… I do have a very old iPhone 3G. I try digging that up to see if it still works.
I tested the page in both http://www.mobilephoneemulator.com/ and http://mobiletest.me/ and the page rendered fine.
Emulators are not perfect, so perhaps it is the theme or another plugin preventing the display on a smaller screen. You’ll have to try deactivating all other plugins temporarily to see if that resolves the issue. If it does not, then temporarily activate the default theme to see if that resolves the issue.
Let me know what you find out.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dotty
Ok, I found the bug when updating entry meta. I’ve fixed, the fix will be in the forthcoming 8.2.2 release.
Thanks for letting me know about the issue!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ dominic
Probably the Default Entry Card template as it does not have whole lot of code to remove and change.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Anna
That is not so easy…
You can use this:
#cn-form .address-line { display: none; } #cn-form .address-line:nth-of-type(1){ display: block; }The problem is if a user is using a non-modern browser, such as IE8, they will not see the inputs for Address Line 1, 2 or 3.
The geocode button is a bug. It should only display in the admin. I just fixed this bug. The fix will be in 8.2.2 which I will be releasing in a few days.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dani
I just processed the exchange. You should receive an updated sales receipt shortly.
-
AuthorPosts
