BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,861 through 8,870 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Lost Custom Template #322730
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Susan

    re: It was very kind of you to not make a snide comment, if there was ever a support request that deserved one this was it.
    Nope, did not deserve one at all and I hope I would never give one in response to a question.

    re: Can I just move the folder to the theme connections-templates folder or are there other steps or changes I have to make to do that?
    The answer really depends was the main cmap.php file altered in any way. If it was and I’m almost certain it was, then I would say no, leave it as it is. It should continue to work just fine into the foreseeable future. I’m pretty certain you no longer even need the original cMap activated. I would deactivate to reduce resource usage on the server.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Redirect after filling out profile #322728
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chris

    Since this all occurs via javascript there is no real easy way to do this as the cn-form-user.js file will need to be edited to add the redirect.

    Add the following to after lines 213 and 220 but before break;

    // similar behavior as an HTTP redirect
    window.location.replace("http://connections-pro.com");

    Obviously change http://connections-pro.com to the URL you want to redirect to.

    Save the file.

    Make a copy of it and name it cn-form-user.min.js

    Upload both, overwriting both on the server.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Can not add new entry #322727
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Giovanni

    Does an entry get added if you do not add a photo? Try uploading a smaller photo. Does that work?

    in reply to: Stereoclub theme conflict #322725
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    Oh, should add…

    The reason it appeared to be a javascript conflict is because of what I explained above cause the page to stop rendering so all the scripts where not being loaded … actually everything afterward was not being loaded, the entire page foot.

    in reply to: Stereoclub theme conflict #322723
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    Well… the theme seems to be fairly well written which is great. Trust me I run into some that I personally would not use.

    That said, there is a bug. In many of the theme’s template pages they are doing this:

    $wp_query = null;

    Very, very, bad… you never mess with global variable $wp_query, things will break in very unexpected ways.

    I commented out (removed) those and theme and Connections work together now. But I think there is still another bug with theme. I’ll try to explain.

    They are nullin’ing out that global variable because they are resetting it to run a new query. First, you do not need to do that, second, they are overwriting it which should not be done because that original copy is gone and cannot be restored if needed.

    Here’s an example from the footer frontpage.php file. They are doing this:

    <?php $wp_query = null; ?>
    <?php $wp_query = new WP_Query( $args ); ?>
    <?php if ( $wp_query->have_posts() ) : ?>
    <div class="status-title">
        <h1><?php _e('Status:', 'wplook'); ?></h1>
    </div>
        <div id="slider-status" class="flexslider">
            <ul class="slides">
    
                <?php while ( $wp_query->have_posts() ) : $wp_query->the_post(); ?>
                    <li><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php the_title() ?> - <?php wplook_get_date(); ?></a></li>
                <?php endwhile; wp_reset_postdata(); ?>
    
            </ul>
        </div>
    <div class="clear"></div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    

    It should be done like this:

    <?php $new_query = new WP_Query( $args ); ?>
    <?php if ( $new_query->have_posts() ) : ?>
    <div class="status-title">
        <h1><?php _e('Status:', 'wplook'); ?></h1>
    </div>
        <div id="slider-status" class="flexslider">
            <ul class="slides">
    
                <?php while ( $new_query->have_posts() ) : $new_query->the_post(); ?>
                    <li><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php the_title() ?> - <?php wplook_get_date(); ?></a></li>
                <?php endwhile; wp_reset_postdata(); ?>
    
            </ul>
        </div>
    <div class="clear"></div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    

    Just like it is shown in the WordPress Codex.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Stereoclub theme conflict #322710
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    I’m always very careful… taking a look right now.

    in reply to: using order by #322706
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Myles

    The shortcode seems to be in order… can you share link to the directory page so I can take a look? I’ll also need to install Query Monitor so I can see the queries be created and run for that I’ll need an admin account. PLease send the login details using the contact link at the bottom of the screen. PLease paste a link of this forum thread in the message so I can relate the two. Thanks!

    in reply to: Add category dropdown & search #322551
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Claire

    Many of the template available for sale add these features:

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Stereoclub theme conflict #322549
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    Best guess is that this is being loaded by the theme which could make it extremely difficult to work around.

    The website link and login details can be sent via the contact form at the bottom of the page. In the message, please past a link to this forum thread so I can relate the two. Thanks!

    in reply to: Manage Members empty #322526
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Teresa

    The drop down in the upper left that shows “Show Unlisted” change that back to “Show All” and click the “Filter” button.

    Right now the list is set to show only entries that were set to be unlisted. The default is to show them all. You may have accidently set the filter to unlisted.

    Hope that helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,861 through 8,870 (of 15,332 total)