Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Alex
There seems to some issue with permalinks as I can use the query var equivalents which is actually what WP uses behind the scenes when parsing permalinks. See these will work:
- http://godaddywp.newpathconsulting.com/directory/?cn-view=all
- http://godaddywp.newpathconsulting.com/directory/?cn-entry-slug=newpath-consulting
Can you try this… go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Advanced tab. Click the Save Changes button, making no changes.
Did that fix it?
Try going to the WP Permalink settings page and clicking the Save Changes button.
Did that fix it?
Try going back to the default theme temporarily to eliminate the possibility that this is somehow being caused by the theme.
Did that fix it?
Lastly, none of the core templates which come with Connections show the logo. A couple commercial templates like cMap will show the logo by default. Most of the other will only show the photo but can be configured to show the logo instead.
Hope that helps, let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Greg
If you edit the template… you might want to take a minute to read this QuickTip to make sure your changes are not lost when updating Connections. I’m assuming that your are using one of the core templates that come with Connections.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Linda
You do need to be running Connections >= 8.2 to use this extension. Are you update to date?
The Custom Category Order extension is very safe as it make no permanent changes to the database.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Vaughan
The code can be found here but except for the color used to signify the age, the font-family is definitely inherited from the theme.
You should be able to use the following CSS to change it to anything you want:
span.cn-last-updated { font-size: 12px !important; font-variant: normal !important; font-family: sans-serif; }Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Greg
The only way to do that would be to edit the template or maybe the easiest would to use CSS to prepend it. Can you share a link to the page you want to change?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ G Conker
Great to hear everything has been sorted! I try my bess to remove personal info when I see it
03/21/2015 at 4:41 pm in reply to: Template/Script Conflict When Connections plug-in activated #323900Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ reyes
I sorry you might feel this is going to be a runaround… but I’m nearly certain this is actually a documented bug in themes based on the CherryFramework. This framework is what TemplateMonster base their themes on.
This can be found on the FAQ/s page. Here’s the direct link to the FAQ:
http://connections-pro.com/faqs/cherryframework-based-themes/The short answer is that TemplateMonster is going to have to update their theme to include the latest version of the CherryFramework which has this bug fixed.
I hope this helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Antonio
Alright, these changes will be included in the upcoming 8.2.3 release so you should have to worry about it again.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ G Conker
Well, I do not have Excel… I do have LibreOffice which seemed to open the file fine. There really wasn’t much to go on though. It all looked pretty basic.
My best guess is that it had to do with how you mapped the entries.
On the initial page, carefully read the Requirements and Tips section and give it another try heeding the advice given.
If you still have issues, I’ll need a screen capture of exactly how you mapped the data.
If I may… I also suggest using LibreOffice to create the CSV file if you have further issues. Excel most of the time is fine but it can epically bork a simple CSV file (Excel doesn’t strictly adhere to the standard, from my experience).
Hope that helps! Let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ cheryl
Another user had pretty good success with the Print O Matic plugin and the Tile template. It did require copying the entire base CSS in Connections in the print CSS options.
It seems reasonable that it could work fine with cMap too.
Hope that helps! Let me know.
-
AuthorPosts
